• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings and Salutations.

Hello, everyone. I'm MasterfulMoose. I do a lot of fantasy writing, though most of my stuff is still in the "world building" stage. I've got big plans for my stuff, and hopefully I'll meet some cool writing buddies here and get some good advice. Glad to meet you all!!

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
*Huggle-glomp!*

Hehe, see? I told you guys one of my writing buddies would join us sooner or later. :D

I'm glad to have you here, Moose. Will you actually post some of your Faelbourne stuff for feedback outside of myself here? Or perhaps some of your newer ideas? I know the last two you sent me were pretty interesting. I hope to see you actually use MS, though. I believe you'll settle in nicely. Have a good night. ^^

Haha, I might post some Faelbourne stuff eventually. I'm more likely to post stuff on Aldmathüli first, as that's sort of my current focus. I filled the map in less than twenty minutes, and have three short stories in that universe planned and lined up to be writing. I hope I'll be able to stay active around here too. xD

FatCat

Maester
How's it hangin', MasterfulMoose? I hope you find what you're looking for here, it's an awesome community full of great people.

Many thanks, FatCat. I'm doing pretty good, lol. Yourself?
This place does look like a pretty cool place, and since most everyone here will be a writer, hopefully I'll fit in. xD

FatCat

Maester
I can't complain. If I may suggest, check out the challenge section. I'm not sure of your writing history, but I find the challenges extremely helpful as a new writer.

Interestingly enough, there was a post in the challenges section that caught my attention, thanks to talking with Selene earlier this evening. She mentioned a challenge of some sort, and I thought it sounded quite enjoyable, so I joined up with the purpose of--initially--taking part in that challenge, lol. Unfortunately, I'll need one more post after this one before I can access it, but I do plan on checking it out and exploring what there might be. I find challenges to be quite fun, as they'll usually call for something different from what I'm already working on.

FatCat

Maester
Post after this and get it done haha, just to make it relevant what kind of fantasy do you write?

5th post, woot! lol. I tend to gravitate towards high fantasy, like Tolkien. Tolkien is probably the most influential, for me, of all the authors I've read over the years. The scope of his universe Middle-Earth still boggles my mind, and I think his work on that is really what inspired me to write in the first place, and it was definitely the inspiration for my biggest project. However, unlike Tolkien, I tend to be a bit more suspenseful, and one could say darker than he usually cared to be. As for other types of fantasy... I just kind of write what comes to me. Most of it tends to fit in the "high fantasy" category, but I know I have stuff that's definitely not high fantasy.

My thanks to you, Steerpike! It seems like a pretty cool place with some cool cats. I haven't posted too much, and haven't been here long, but I think I'll like it. ^_^