• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings, earthlings

Decided to give this introduction thing a shot. I'm a young(ish), married, male in my late 30s. I registered under the name Christopher Michael because that's the name I, ultimately, plan on publishing under.
I've loved writing and reading for as long as I can remember. My introduction to fantasy came, as it did for most of us, at a young age. I was allowed to read The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings. On a higher shelf I couldn't reach, but which I reached anyway, were titles and authors I was not supposed to read. Michael Moorcock with his The Chronicles of Corum and the rest of the Eternal Champion series, Andre Norton with her Witch World series, Piers Anthony with...so very much (my dad was a huge fan), David Eddings and the Belgariad/Mallorean and Elenium/Tamuli cycles, Terry Brooks with his Shannara and Magic Kingdom stories. (I could go on, but I think you all get my point. Although the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever deserves special mention because it introduced to me the concept that you could have a hero who was...less than a great guy.) And that's not to mention all of the Sword & Sorcery books my father kept supposedly out of my reach.
Anyway, I started devoured my library. Then I devoured his library. Then I devoured the actual library. Then I started writing anywhere and everywhere I could. Although I'm willing to attempt almost anything, fantasy (especially High Fantasy) is most definitely in my wheelhouse.
I discovered a podcast a few weeks back, The Roundtable Podcast, that promoted this site to a guest writer. I decided to give it a look-see, to find out if there are other denizens of the rabbit hole that is the fantastic.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Christopher Michael [aka ...?]
Good to have you here.
"denizens of the rabbit hole..". I like that idea!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
No doubt there is research that could tell you if two or three name writers sell more. Initials seem to work too...

No doubt there is research that could tell you if two or three name writers sell more. Initials seem to work too...

It's actually part of my author/marketing strategy and branding. I'm lazy, so they're all going to be spins of my name. Christopher Michael will be the Fantasy author. I'm a Christian, so will likely write some Christian non-fiction, and that author will be Christopher Michael Ward. Christopher Ward will do Sci-Fi. And any spec-fic I end up writing (lump name for any cross-genre, or sub-genre, I write) will likely be authored by C.M. Ward.
I'm also looking at some science-fantasy super-hero type stuff. That's going under either of the Sci-Fi or Fantasy brand.