• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from a far away land

Greetings everyone!

I am Minimire Galfindo, but feel free to call me Minimire, Mini, or even Min. I am a writer and a reader. I write these genres the best: fantasy, sci-fi, contemporary and romance. And for reading, my favourite genres are: fantasy, sci-fi, romance, contemporary, and thriller.

I'm currently writing a high fantasy novel with my friend from another country. This is really new and exciting for both of us as neither of us have worked with a co-writer before, let alone one from another country. There's still a lot for us to do, in fact, we are not even 50% done with our novel. We are currently working on the worldbuilding of our world and there is still so many gaps to fill out. And the fact that there is a 5 hour difference in timezone makes it harder for us to work together as we have lesser time together.

But that does not stop us from pursuing our dreams of completing the novel and maybe one day I might share a little small scene from the book or some information of our world :)

So I just realized I have not mentioned this but the reason I joined this site is to gain some new major fantasy fans as friends. Unfortunately none of my friends or classmates back at school are major readers or writers so it's really hard to talk about my hobbies with them and have them really understand how joyful and also frustrating at times writing can be.

I really hope to meet some fantasy writers here as well, so that I can finally discuss about books and writing with someone other than my amazing writing partner XD Don't get me wrong, I love chatting with her and all but she has her own life as well and we don't talk every single day so it would be really nice to be able to talk to others who share the same passion as I do

Alright I believe that is all for now, feel free to ask me any questions or shoot me a message

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, Min. The obvious question: what is the far away land?

A secondary question is, why did you choose to co-write? Have you written other novels before this one?

In any case, welcome and have fun!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Minimire Galfindo
Good to have you here.
This is a good place to share, learn, waste time, chat, read and lots of other things...
Leap on in and enjoy.

Saigonnus

Auror
So wonderful to have you here. Please feel free to jump in anywhere you want to, or ask whatever you want in regards to world building, writing questions or even aspects of publishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, Min. The obvious question: what is the far away land?

A secondary question is, why did you choose to co-write? Have you written other novels before this one?

In any case, welcome and have fun!

Nevriande :)

And yes, I have written other stories before but they were all short stories. This is the first real, actual novel I am writing. And I decided to co-write because I feel that writing with someone will actually help me get more inspiration and motivation to write. yes there are pros and cons in co-writing but I'm willing to take the risk.

And thank you for welcoming me everyone :)