• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from the bottom of the world...

Rufanacious

Dreamer
Ahoy!

Officially NOT another Australian, here! :happy: ...by which I mean, hello from New Zealand. (Okay, terrible joke xD)

I really love discussing writing with other writers, and don't get a lot of chance to do so, so I'm really excited to explore these forums!!

However my main purpose in searching this site out was to find a source of Motivation. With a capital M. I've been working on a YA fantasy trilogy (along with other projects, when I get sidetracked) for... an awful lot of years now, but (largely due to my wildly non-linear writing style) I still don't have a current, readable, full start-to-finish draft of the first book - even a terrible one - to work with!

So - I come seeking encouragement, perhaps, and where that fails, accountability. Hopefully somewhere on this forum I'll find the push (read: violent persistent shoving) that I need to get the thing in shape!!!

(If anyone who knows their way around could give me an idea where to start with that, I'd be very grateful...?)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Rufanacious
Explore away...
Share what you know and learn what you need.
Leap in when the feeling takes you, we are very informal around here...
My only advice.... Don't pet the dog... you loose fingers... it's not really a dog.

Well Antarctica is technically the bottom of the world, but you kiwis are pretty close :) You may detect the faintest of sour grapes that you guys have Peter Jackson and the LOTR films in your country!! Ah to have played an orc... sadly red earth and gum trees don't quite look like middle earth...

Re: non-linear writing, have you set up an overall plan for your story, character arcs and plot points etc??