• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Happy to be Here

Wamsutta

Acolyte
Hi! I stumbled upon this forum while doing research on shoemakers for my epic fantasy series. The article you have in your History for Fantasy Writers is very informative. Looking at some more articles and discussions on this forum pique my interest. Writing can be a lonely profession by necessity, and it is often hard to find kindred spirits to talk to. I hope this community would provide that. Also, I was impressed by the emphasis on a family-friendly, accepting atmosphere.
I have been writing my first fantasy fiction series ever since I got laid off from my job in 2020. After the shock of losing my job wore off, I was grateful for the opportunity to pursue a dream I had for almost forty years, and a story that had lain dormant but persistent for over a decade. So now, what I'd envisioned to be one book is a four book series, and I'm half way through the fourth and last book. I'm excited about finishing the story but am a little terrify at the next step. I've concentrated on writing, not wanting to be distracted from the story. Now, it's time to think beyond. I've looked into publishing a little, but I'm sure my information is outdated. I have little social media presence and don't really know how to promote myself. I really hope to find help here on how to proceed.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Hi! I stumbled upon this forum while doing research on shoemakers for my epic fantasy series. The article you have in your History for Fantasy Writers is very informative. Looking at some more articles and discussions on this forum pique my interest. Writing can be a lonely profession by necessity, and it is often hard to find kindred spirits to talk to. I hope this community would provide that. Also, I was impressed by the emphasis on a family-friendly, accepting atmosphere.
I have been writing my first fantasy fiction series ever since I got laid off from my job in 2020. After the shock of losing my job wore off, I was grateful for the opportunity to pursue a dream I had for almost forty years, and a story that had lain dormant but persistent for over a decade. So now, what I'd envisioned to be one book is a four book series, and I'm half way through the fourth and last book. I'm excited about finishing the story but am a little terrify at the next step. I've concentrated on writing, not wanting to be distracted from the story. Now, it's time to think beyond. I've looked into publishing a little, but I'm sure my information is outdated. I have little social media presence and don't really know how to promote myself. I really hope to find help here on how to proceed.
You are in the same boat as many in the publishing end, but hopefully we can help.

I've laid off a few times, we live. That is an impressive feat to be getting to the end of a book four in that span of time. Congrats.