• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I'm so happy to be here!

AngelaRCox

Dreamer
Hi all! I'm Angela, and I'm the creeper who's been reading your old posts without commenting or anything.

At the moment I'm a PhD candidate at the University of Arkansas, using the posts I've been reading to work on a clearer concept of genre and a deeper understanding of fantasy media based on how participants in the genre (that's us!) perceive genre.

BUT! more importantly I've been writing fantasy as a serious thing (not just class assignments or little amusements for myself, but full on novels) since I was in 6th grade in like 1999. I participate in NaNoWrimo every year since 2005, and I think every novel I've written for it has been some kind of fantasy. I'm currently in the process of submitting my first novel (which, yes, I've been working on for 15 years--it's finally maybe good!) and a children's book, but since I'm so far unpublished and school has to come first, it's been a slow process with no product yet.

I like cats (and parentheses).

And I'm so happy to be released from the bonds of my IRB research protocol now so I can actually participate in the awesome discussions and critiques and stuff you guys have here!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome aboard!

Since you already know the ropes, there's no need for me to do my usual schtick and explain the site or how it can benefit you as a writer. You already know what we do around here and who we are.

I can't wait to hear more about your project (the novel, not the school research, but that too)!
I've personally been writing since 2001, so kudos for starting young. I didn't, and I wrote for ten years before I ever learned a thing about actually writing.

Glad you're finally joining in on the conversations. I'm super interested in learning more about how your studies have affected you as a writer. What a cool and interesting subject you've chosen.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met AngelaRCox
I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.
Hope all goes well with the PhD.