• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I am happy to be here

Mans

Minstrel
I can name myself a writer. I have not weighed myself in which level I am in comparison with other writers, especially since English is my second language, nevertheless, I am considered a writer. I have some knowledge and experience in philosophy and theosophy, and I can write articles on these grounds.

Two years ago, I found an interest in fiction writing and wrote some story pieces, but not wholly and expertly. It has been about ten years, am working with English through the internet and mostly in various forums via conversation with natives (I didn't learn English academically). The first English community (ten years ago) I participated in was an Australian paranormal website, while my English was low. At the time, despite my notable information about paranormal subjects, I couldn't speak sufficiently, but it was the startpoint of learning new things in English. Now, I am here with this level of writing in English.

During these years, in addition to learning English, I started 3D modeling with AutoCAD, Catia, and Rhinoceros, and despite my talent, I progressed noticeably in this field.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Mans. Seems you write well enough. Id not have guessed you were english poor ten years ago. Why an Australian paranormal group and not a local one?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Mans
Good to have you here.
I have found this site a great place to learn and share.

Mans

Minstrel
Howdy Mans. Seems you write well enough. Id not have guessed you were english poor ten years ago. Why an Australian paranormal group and not a local one?

At that time, I couldn't classify websites, and as I loved the paranormal theme, I searched for one. Accidentally I found that website and began commenting! It was about supernatural beings such as demons and invisible spirits that some persons encountered with them and reported to the web.
There was a middle-aged woman, namely Ama, who answered those persons. She specified the type of beings and offered some solutions for the persons what to do to get rid of the mischievous spirits!

As I was familiar with paranormal beings ( not by meeting and haunting ) I didn't agree with some of her opinions, and I knew that most of the beings that annoyed those persons at night were demons.

However, it was a participation that happened by chance and lasted for about one year or more.
It was a good community because the top users tolerated my wrong English comments for a long time and had to translate them into English in their minds based on their experiences!

Last edited:

Mans

Minstrel
Welcome to the forums! What are you writing at the moment (in fantasy)?

Thank you so much :)

I have many good ideas in different genres to write new stories, but my favorite ones are horror, humor, and Scientific fiction.

I am working on a realistic story at present. Despite my knowledge and experience in paranormal subjects, I have had many good ideas in fantastic genres as well, but didn't turn them into stories yet. Most likely, I will do that in the future, gradually.

Ned Marcus

Maester
I think the paranormal is easy to integrate into fantasy. The only thing is, if those experiences are real to you, then you may not think of them as fantasy, although I don't know your thoughts on the paranormal.

I also write science fiction. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

Mans

Minstrel
I am glad to meet you, experts, here :)

My ideas are intact and attractive, though I have forgotten a lot because I didn't write them down. But I am sure if I try to write some stories based on the ideas, I will need your feedback to remove my mistakes in English. As you know, writing a story is more difficult than writing an article, because novels are descriptive and need many words, idioms, and describing states that usually are not used in the daily conversations or even in an ordinary writing.