Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by EponasSong, Oct 23, 2018.

Good Remake or Bust?

1. Good Remake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EponasSong

EponasSong Apprentice

So how many have seen it so far? I'm not going to lie, I really liked it. But I will be honest, I have never seen the original. For those who have seen both, how does it compare? I think I might need a movie night to watch the original myself.

I'm not surprised I liked it. One of my all time favs is Stephen King's Rose Red. And Stephen King got a lot of influence for Rose Red from Hill House.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

The original movie is good. The book is better.

Agam Ridelle likes this.
  3. Mythopoet

Mythopoet Dark Lord

I haven't seen it yet since I don't have Netflix, but from what I've read it sounds more like it's only very loosely inspired rather than an actual adaptation of the book.

4. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Valar Lord

The 1960s film The Haunting [which is an adaption of the book The Haunting of Hill House] is very good. I highly recommend that. Actually I may just have found my Halloween film...

5. Agam Ridelle

Agam Ridelle Journeyman

The book is always better :)

6. EponasSong

EponasSong Apprentice

I'm going to order a book. None of the half price book stores had any :(. I'm about 99.9999999999999999% sure I'll like the book even better.

7. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

True! We Have Always Lived in the Castle is another great book by Jackson. Creepy. Shorter than Hill House.

Agam Ridelle likes this.
  8. Agam Ridelle

Agam Ridelle Journeyman

I like creepy stories. I think I’ll start a Goodreads list to keep track of all the awesome books recommendations here. So little time, so many books :)

Steerpike likes this.
  9. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Valar Lord

A friend mentioned the series to me yesterday. They said it was a slow start but they are now 7-8 episodes in and are really liking the "is it psychological or supernatural" vibe.