• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone

Mister J

Hi there. My name's Jamie and I've been writing on several other forums for some years now. I have gotten some reviews on an Epic Fantasy poem that I'm working on and wanted to know what other Fantasy writers had to say about it, so sought out a Fantasy writer's forum and here I am. I like the layout here and see that there are many boards and threads to keep me occupied, and hope I can both learn and share here.

Welcome Mister J. What's the general scope or subject matter of the poem? Most folks probably go another route with fantasy lit, primarily the short story and the novel; so it would be interesting to see something different.

Welcome Mister J. I was thinking about trying my hand at a bit of poetry. Mayhap we can talk to the moderators about the possibility of opening up a poetry board.

Mister J

Welcome Mister J. What's the general scope or subject matter of the poem? Most folks probably go another route with fantasy lit, primarily the short story and the novel; so it would be interesting to see something different.
Well, it has a distinct magical bent to it, centering on an unnamed "apprentice" who goes on a series of quests with accompanying characters pulled from multiple genres (talking reindeer, cheshire cat, poseidon, sylphs, giant seahorses, trolls, etc) in order to fulfill his destiny. Not the most terribly original premise, but the write is distinct in the way I incorporate the characters from so many different, and usually far-afield, genres, into a structured, metered, rhyming poem. Lots of dialogue, humor, and adventure. I have the final scene composed in my head but haven't finished building up to it yet, so of course it's not finished. Over 8,000 words so far in the multi-sectioned draft. It would be nice to get some input from Fantasy-oriented readers, not just the usual poetry-oriented audience I've shared it with so far.

This place is in a nut shell AMAZING!!!!
So much so that you may find yourself in here more than you would like. Hehehe.

Welcome to the space, be active. We hope to see you in the Showcase asap! :)
~BL~