• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Hello everyone!

My name is Christopher Herrin, though I can go by Chris if you wish. I have come to write due to being raised on fantasy. My mom would read Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Disk World, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Inheritance Cycle, and others to me before I went to bed. The first fantasy series I read on my own was The Lord of the Rings. Though I didn't understand it the first time I read it, I pushed on into fantasy. Currently I am reading four books: The Fires of Heaven, Words of Radiance, Dune, Mistborn. The cornerstones of my writing are J.R.R Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, and Ray Bradbury.

I hope you all enjoy what I post. Sorry that this post might not be entirely correct, grammar-wise. See ya!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Christopher Herrin
Good to have you here.
Your mother has impeccable taste and reading four books at once is a lot of work... I can barely keep up with one.
Hope you enjoy MS and find it as supportive and helpful as I do.

Laurence

Inkling
Great to meet you dude. I finished The Way of Kings earlier today so going to steam through Last Fight of the Old Hound by Nils Odlund (Svrtnsse on the forums) and Eve of Snows by James L Rice (Demesnedenoir on the forums) then I'm on to Words of Radiance myself!

Sounds like we have a lot of inspiration in common - I'll try not to steal your ideas.

Great to meet you dude. I finished The Way of Kings earlier today so going to steam through Last Fight of the Old Hound by Nils Odlund (Svrtnsse on the forums) and Eve of Snows by James L Rice (Demesnedenoir on the forums) then I'm on to Words of Radiance myself!

Sounds like we have a lot of inspiration in common - I'll try not to steal your ideas.
Here a thread I created where I'm trying to explain, and get help to develop further, a magic system I'm creating for a long series I've been creating. Most, if not all, conflict in the series revolves around the magic.

Tricky Magic System I'm Working Out.