• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello...

tlbodine

Troubadour
So, first off, I apologize if this double-posts. I posted a "hi there!" thread earlier, but it didn't seem to have posted. If there's a posting delay or something that I didn't know about and I am now double-posting, feel free to smack me with a fish or otherwise reprimand me accordingly :)

Anyway, hi. I'm Tiana, or TL, or whatever you deign fit to call me. I'm a writer of dark fantasy/speculative fiction. I especially like to write about ordinary people getting wrapped up in extraordinary/fantastic situations. I always thought that was called urban fantasy, but my search for fellow urban fantasy writers always just turned up werewolf romances. Which, hey, werewolf romances are cool too. But not really what I'm into.

When I'm not novelling, I'm a freelance writer (mostly web content, SEO and pro-blogging). I also write for Black Chicken Studios (an indie game developer) on the weekends and contribute to Ravenous Monster (a horror webzine) whenever the mood strikes. Basically about 95% of my life seems to happen behind a computer screen. Some day I may in fact become a cyborg.

Oh, other possibly helpful/cool things to know about me:

-- I'm a "conscious nonconsumer"...basically, I try to avoid buying things that are manufactured or that support corporations. I mostly buy handmade, eat local and opt for digital whenever possible.

-- I run a small-scale rat rescue and have helped rehome about 50 domestic rats who had been neglected/abandoned/surrendered

-- I live in Austin and just moved here recently so I know essentially no one, but boy would I like to meet folks.

Anyway, that is all.

Welcome to the forums, glad to know there are some fellow SEO/pro-blogging people around. I'm a recovering one myself, too distracted by the prose as it were.

Enjoy the stay, and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us. Remember, not all urban fantasy is wolfie smut ;)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome TL
A fellow Rat Fan? Yeah!
and until you find your feet in Austin - I'm sure you will find lots of people to talk to here...
I want to go to Austin to meet Roky Erickson...