• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

HELP! Crafting Profession Class Names

ChrisS

Hello!

I need help naming the 8 super-crafters in my RPG.

So far this is what I have:

1. Grand Master
    The first crafters to harness aether to their will, Grand Masters gained their limitless abilities over years of mastering every crafting profession. This archetype is the ultimate crafter; not inhibited by any restrictions in any profession, and can create any item quality of their choosing at will.

2. Savant
    Savants have gained a vast knowledge of crafting techniques through their own research and experimentation. Though not as talented as Grand Masters and limited by normal restrictions, Savants can almost always create anything in the quality they wish in any profession.

3. Geomancer
    Some are born with an innate understanding of metalworking that allows them to manipulate any kind of metal, stone, or even bone, with deftness and skill. They often find work blacksmithing high-quality blades and armors. Any items that are crafted with metal have a high-quality chance. Geomancers are the only archetypes besides Grand Masters who can work with any metal such as Mithril and Adamantine.

4. Shaper
    The Shaper is an expert in carving and shaping wood. Their creations are renowned for their strength and craftsmanship; their staves stand taller, their bows shoot farther, and their carvings carry an almost supernatural beauty. Any items that are crafted with wood have a high-quality chance. This archetype is the only archetype besides Grand Masters who can work with any wood such as ________ and ________.

5. Stitchweaver
    A Stitchweaver uses their skills in tailoring and leatherworking to make exquisite sets of clothing and medium armors. They are even talented in rare hides like dragonscale, making them revered throughout the Aetherverse. Any items that are crafted with cloth or hide have a high-quality chance. This archetype can also work with any material such as ________ and dragon scale.

6. Gemcutter
    Gemcutters are uniquely suited to crafting precious metals into jewelry like rings, necklaces, and pendants. Cutting valuable gemstones comes easily, and any items crafted with precious metals and jewels have a high-quality chance. This archetype, along with Grand Masters, can override the precious metals restriction and make jewelry with any wood, bone, or common metals.

7. Aetherborne
    An Aetherborne is connected to the celestial plane from which all aether flows. They can manipulate magic to infuse any item they touch while ignoring all alignment and rarity restrictions. This archetype can also infuse gems of lower rank normally necessary for the spell.

8. Adventurer
    Diverse and plentiful, Adventurers are known for their daring battles and cunning tongues. Crafting might not come as easily to them as other archetypes, but they can learn any profession they need to help them in their travels.
Any suggestions/improvements are really appreciated!

I don't understand what kind of help you need. I mean, it's your RPG. You can do whatever you want, and I don't have any information on the type of world, RPG, etc., involving these crafts and titles.

I would say this, however: "Adventurer" is overused in RPGs and MMORPGs. Frankly, I'm tired of the term. The rest of your terms are fine for me, but not this one, heh. But that's just my opinion, after all.

Cool-Beans

Scribe
I don't understand what kind of help you need. I mean, it's your RPG. You can do whatever you want, and I don't have any information on the type of world, RPG, etc., involving these crafts and titles.

I would say this, however: "Adventurer" is overused in RPGs and MMORPGs. Frankly, I'm tired of the term. The rest of your terms are fine for me, but not this one, heh. But that's just my opinion, after all.
Funny you say that.

I disagree 100%

I love the term adventurer because it breeds for me a familiarity of long time RPG games. If you go for something too edgy / out there you might lose a big audience and end up as more of a niche.

Plenty of people desire the utterly familiar. Some people wish for a little something extra. For me, "adventurer" in video games has become blasé. It doesn't warm my innards via familiarity. Some things do, but adventurer does not.