• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi all From a fellow fantasy lover

Hi all!
I am so excited to join this mythical world of writing and reading fantasy novels.

About me:
I am a herpetologist by trade who also loves to play pool, fish, hike, and play sports but also well, I have finally been getting back to unleashing my creative mind in terms of writing. I used to be an avid writing when I was younger but school, jobs, and pretty much life made that take the back burner.

I used to feel quite embarrassed about my writing. In all honesty, I still am. I have only let a handful of people I know read my writings as I was ashamed of it and felt embarrassed as it was “ not cool” or opposite of my aesthetic.. *I was a jock growing up*. I still have that underlying fear as I am nervous I will be mocked and told that my writing is garbage.. *I think it just hurts worse from people who are closer to you*

However, I have finally come to terms in loving myself and my work and am really excited to start working on stories again.

I love writing about fantasy. I have gone from genres that are similar to divergent books to shadow and bone style. I used to write fan fiction for some of my favorite anime’s and currently, I am in the midst of writing a fantasy novel that deals with pirates and mythical beings etc… so if you are interest feel free to take a gander!

Looking forward to chatting, reading, and writing!

Cheers

pmmg

Myth Weaver
My writing is garbage, so no shame there.

Welcome to Scribes.

Where did you go to become a herpetologist? My daughter wants to be one.

Hi!

Well I went to Grand Valley in Michigan for graduate school! But there are a ton of great schools for herpetology! I would look at Michigan State, University of Illinois in Champaigne, there are a few out in New England area and in Florida! I love that she wants to be one! It is such an awesome profession !