• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello fellow fantasy fanatics!! :D

Lumani

Minstrel
Hello!!

It be a blustery evening here in Canada and I find myself stumbling across this most wonderful of sites while attempting to keep cozy with in my nest of blankets. :)

I have been writing for the past 13 years or so but have only been the last few years where my stories and world have really taken shape. I have recently felt this tremendous need to get these characters and stories down in a format for other readers. I fear it will be the ONLY way to maintain my sanity! It is a need that has been gnawing at me for weeks now. I am hoping that this site will provide me with a few extra tools to keep me motivated!! :D I would really love to become an integral part of this community and mingle with all you fantastic story weavers!

I am also a fantasy artist (shamefully, most of my time has gone into this as of late...) Most of my artwork is of the characters that haunt both my dreams and wakeful hours. So, hopefully I will see some of you over in that area as well!!

GeekDavid

Auror
Why would any fantasy writer want to maintain sanity when being just a little bit nuts is what allows our characters to flourish in our minds?

Anyway, welcome!

Pull up a chair and join a discussion somewhere. Just, please, don't say it's chilly in here. The dragon out back tends to take that as a request for him to stick his head in and breathe. We're still replacing the burned furniture from the last time that happened.

Lumani

Minstrel
Why would any fantasy writer want to maintain sanity when being just a little bit nuts is what allows our characters to flourish in our minds?

Anyway, welcome!

Pull up a chair and join a discussion somewhere. Just, please, don't say it's chilly in here. The dragon out back tends to take that as a request for him to stick his head in and breathe. We're still replacing the burned furniture from the last time that happened.

You speak the truth, oh wise one!

Alas, my mind has become as crowded as an overstuffed suitcase. The hoards of demanding, frustrated characters are on a crusade to make their plights known and to have their world discovered! No longer can I contain such multitudes of unorganized plot lines, half finished scenes and shady character relations without going forth with their stories! Its high time I got down to some serious writing to make way for the next wave!!

Thank you for the warm welcome and fear not, I shall heed your request!

GeekDavid

Auror
You speak the truth, oh wise one!

Alas, my mind has become as crowded as an overstuffed suitcase. The hoards of demanding, frustrated characters are on a crusade to make their plights known and to have their world discovered! No longer can I contain such multitudes of unorganized plot lines, half finished scenes and shady character relations without going forth with their stories! Its high time I got down to some serious writing to make way for the next wave!!

Thank you for the warm welcome and fear not, I shall heed your request!

Okay, you're gonna fit in well around here. :Biggrin:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Lumani
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
unorganized plot lines - Check
half finished scenes - Check
shady character relations - Check
You are not alone!

JRFLynn

Sage
I have recently felt this tremendous need to get these characters and stories down in a format for other readers. I fear it will be the ONLY way to maintain my sanity!

You and me both, doesn't it feel like there's a story inside you dying to get out? I tried giving up for a few months but the characters never left me, they just kept pestering me with their awesome battle scenes and eyeing my brain with accusing looks :D So, ya, they always get their way in the end, hehe. If only telling the story was as easy as seeing it in your head...

Welcome Lumani, I think we're all a little crazy :)

Welcome to the Scribes Lumani. You don't have to be a bit unhinged to write, but lets face it, it sure as hell helps ;). Anyway, mingle loads and enjoy yourself.

Lumani

Minstrel
Hello Lumani
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
unorganized plot lines - Check
half finished scenes - Check
shady character relations - Check
You are not alone!

Thank you for the welcome!! :) I look forwards to getting to know more people here!

Lumani

Minstrel
You and me both, doesn't it feel like there's a story inside you dying to get out? I tried giving up for a few months but the characters never left me, they just kept pestering me with their awesome battle scenes and eyeing my brain with accusing looks :D So, ya, they always get their way in the end, hehe. If only telling the story was as easy as seeing it in your head...

Welcome Lumani, I think we're all a little crazy :)

Already I am feeling so at home here! Lol, its wonderful to meet others who are struggling with the same thing! Mine have been in my head for several years but have become much more demanding now that life has settled down to a point where there is time for them to become a nuisance! This time they have me in a choke hold and won't let go.

Thank you for the welcome! :)