1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Hippo vs Rhino

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ban, Jan 26, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Hippo

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Rhino

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

I just watched a video of a hippo biting a rhino's neck and drowning it in the river. It might've been different if the rhino opened with some kind of charge.

Like most fights I would say it comes down to who strikes first and if the target is ready for it. Fights usually end within the first three moves. That's because attacking is easy, and defending is hard. Whoever lands the first blow pretty much wins.

2. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

So in other words, to be safe in life you should always be attacking everyone you meet? Thanks Devor! ;)

Firefly likes this.
  3. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Hippo, cause in my house, I am the rhino, and the woman is the hippo, and I never win.

4. Devor

Welcome to American sociopolitical philosophy!

Ban likes this.
  5. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

I think that the idea of attacking first or attacking everyone you meet could be found in the sociopolitical philosophies of many nations. But aren't we getting a bit off topic here? How did a thread about hippos versus rhinos devolve into sociopolitical philosophies?

6. Devor

It was just a fairly innocuous non-partisan joke. But you're right, I'll refrain.

Reaver likes this.
  7. Ban

Ban Sir Laserface Article Team

The study of hippos and rhinos requires multi-disciplinary approaches. It is a very difficult field to be sure.

Reaver likes this.
  8. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

I agree that to me your post is indeed as you describe it. However, to some it could be
    construed in the opposite direction.
    Not to put too fine a point on it but I was just covering our collective asses so to speak.