• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Is my fictional culture getting too weird?

ClearDragon

Troubadour
That sounds like atheism to me. Church and matrimony and all. Maybe the main character is full lizard, and the emperor is a sickly human. And they still do it?
Their both dragons. Theres not going to be humans in my story.
Also I'm not writting about rape.

ravichandran

So I'm back on here again :)
Anyway, I'm still creating my fictional universe and have come to a knida odd problem.
So part of my fictional culture is that the emperors most trusted bodyguard sleeps with him.
Is that too strange? Maybe its just that I'm from ma very conservative background?
For my book I wanted to show this part of the culture and other parts too.
Oh yeah the culture is humanoid dragons. Its a very male orientated culture where being gay was never considered wrong or even unusual, even for the emperor.
So yeah... Thats what I want to go with for this culture, but is it too "out there" after all?
Its a bit late for me here, so I'll probably see any replies tomorrow.
Well there were kings in this world who took their body guards in. If you research Mughals you will know. Nothing weird in your idea. World has now accepted gays lesbians etc. But if you mention it all over the book it will become tedious. Bodyguards slept in the chambers to protect the king. Sometimes he called his favourite...

Queshire

Istar
Well there were kings in this world who took their body guards in. If you research Mughals you will know. Nothing weird in your idea. World has now accepted gays lesbians etc. But if you mention it all over the book it will become tedious. Bodyguards slept in the chambers to protect the king. Sometimes he called his favourite...

Tedious? Which part?

Rexenm

Inkling
If you research Mughals you will know.
If you research moogles, you will know.

Is there a mythology why the lizard humans, are gay? Like a tunnel you travel through, to become an egg? Or is there a beginning, and an end? Or were they the same such always, with food and drink and shelter? Is there some kind of god, that presumably lets the hammer fall? Or are creatures either one or the other?

It reminds me of the scene in 300 with Leonidas. “This is Sparta,” as he kicks the dude into the well.