• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Is my series worth writing?

Tinawat42

Wow I didn't expect to get this much positive feedback! Thank you everyone!
The Din- I didn't want to put too much sex & violence in because I think it's really overdone in books/TV/movies nowadays & I want the focus of the book to be more on the characters & the world they live in but I will include some. Also, your idea is very similar to the direction I planned to take the story in, but that's all I'll say for now xP.
Queshire- Dark is Not NECCESARILY Evil would be a better way of putting it, & a big plot point will be that necromancy can be good or bad depending on how you use it.
Ravana- Starting off small is a good idea & I'll try it but I really want to write this series ASAP. I'll do a few practice stories though just to get the feel for this kind of writing. There's a reason Claire sticks with the necromancer but I don't have it completely figured out yet, although I do have a rough idea. And the world will be very detailed don't worry :)
Again, thank you all so much for being supportive. I'll keep you posted on this & other things I'm working on :)

Ravana

Istar
Ravana- Starting off small is a good idea & I'll try it but I really want to write this series ASAP. I'll do a few practice stories though just to get the feel for this kind of writing.

I've actually had some more (and detailed) thoughts about what you could do here–what I would do, or at any rate what would most capture and retain my attention–though of course it's your story. I'll put them together and PM you.

In the meantime, even if you do go right ahead and work up the complete novel or project to a series–and I'm not telling you not to–do still get "practice" in writing whatever else. It can never be wasted, and practice on anything will improve your writing overall, and thus your main objective. Doesn't even need to be "this kind of writing": any kind of writing will be helpful, even if only to develop a sense of contrast–what belongs and works in one form, but which may not work in another. That sense of "borders" can be very important in maintaining an appropriate tone throughout a given work.