• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I've started posting chapters of my book on Inkitt (link attached!)

Nelesnia

Dreamer
Beyond The Higher Plane by nelesnia at Inkitt

Hi all, I've been writing a fantasy novel aimed at teenagers (linked above) and am finally at a point where I'm confident to start posting it...somewhere. It's a character - driven fantasy story about a girl who finds a hidden world. It's set after The Atmospheric Collapse, so, post-apocalyptic setting. I've posted four chapters, but there are more to come. Here's a quick summary for anybody interested:

Since returning to The Higher Plane, Klara has been struggling with her daily routine. All she wants is to finish her studies and leave for Zhinos. But one day on her walk home, she finds a strange clearing in a forest, seemingly undisturbed apart from some drawings hidden inside the hollow of a tree. Unbeknownst to her, this place is inhabited by a creature who will change her perspective on the world as she knows it forever.

A friend of mine told me it gave them 'Pan's Labyrinth vibes' so...I guess that's all the self-promo I can handle without cringing at myself too much. Please read, share, enjoy, and if you like it, leave a review!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Given the concern posted about Inkitt, It would be neat if you updated your experience with them.

Nelesnia

Dreamer
Given the concern posted about Inkitt, It would be neat if you updated your experience with them.
Sure - so far I'm just using at a place to post my stuff, but I'm going to read the above comment & might withdraw if I can find a better place to start putting my book. I'm not rly looking to get published with them anyways, just wanted somewhere to start posting my chapters