• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Knights or Pirates?

Kaellpae

Inkling
Just watched the episode of Knights and Pirates. I figured that Pirates would win with the better technology for their weapons, but with the testing they did I think that the Knights would have ended up beating the Pirates.

Opinions?

Also. Which is your favorite?

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I go for the Knights 100%, take the guns away and the Pirates stand no chance against a Knight's superior training, great courage and absolutely lethal weapons like swords, falchions, maces, shields, morning stars and clubs =)

Deadliest Warrior is a very strange show sometimes- The Knights should have been compared to Viking warriors or maybe the Samurai, why against something completely different to them, like Pirates??

Go, Knights!!!

I had the exact reaction you did Kaellpae. At first I thought the guns would swing it but their testing seemed to lean in the knights favor. It all depends on the situation, I think.

And I love both, but knights are my favorite.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Depends on the setting. If they're fighting from ship to ship on the high seas, I give the Pirates the win. If they're confronting one another on an open field somewhere, the Knights may carry the day.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Just watched the episode of Knights and Pirates. I figured that Pirates would win with the better technology for their weapons, but with the testing they did I think that the Knights would have ended up beating the Pirates.

Opinions?

Also. Which is your favorite?

That is the worst episode of Deadliest Warrior ever - at least in terms of results. They didn't test the gun against the shield, and they gave the cutlass a tie with the longsword, even though it didn't cut through the pig - the last inch tore because the cutlass wasn't as long.

My money in a real fight, based on those same weapons, goes to the knight. Most likely, they didn't use real black powder but a safer new concoction that wouldn't blow up in their face (not that I blame them). I also don't think the handcannon would break through both the shield and the armor, but that it broke through the armor is the only reason that they won.

Last edited: