1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Learning Digial Art

Discussion in 'Fantasy Art' started by Snowpoint, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Snowpoint

Snowpoint Sage

Bought a Drawing tablet and teaching myself digital art. Drew these for a Design Contest for a Indie Game called Laxidaze. Monster in this game are animals, or machines augmented by nano-tech.

1. Hermitin is a hermit crab exposed to nano bytes via ocean pollution. They have developed magnetic abilities and make shells from trash on the beach. Hermitin are drawn to Smart-Cans, using its tech to find sources of water... or soda. (Fluff: Smart-Cans have geo-tracking software to detect where beverages are consumed. User data is used to move Vending Machines closer to thirsty people.)
    His adorable little cap is made from a bottle cap and a pull tab from a soda can.
    Evolves into Grouchapon.

Hermitin 003 JPEG.jpg

2. Grouchapon: Hermatin outgrow soda cans and are instinctively drawn to their source: Vending Machines. They infect the vending machine with nano bytes, bringing it to life. They form a symbiotic bond. Grouchapon is STILL a functioning Vending Machine. Customers leave poor reviews of these machines, however the company has decided it is not cost effective to remove the Nanim. (Special Attack: Fire Soda Cans. Maybe they do random status effects based on which soda shoots out) Vending machien Monster Grouchopon 0023JPEG.jpg

Lynea likes this.
  2. Snowpoint

Snowpoint Sage

Sting 002.jpg
    Finished a new monster design. This one was challenging to figure out. The head and tail came first, but I couldn't figure out the middle and claws. After I realized he was a biker/punk it started to make sense.

3. Snowpoint

Snowpoint Sage

My art is over 9000! So much progress since April.
    20210712_124702.jpg

4. ladyander

ladyander Dreamer

Wow, good job.

Snowpoint likes this.