• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Learning Digial Art

Bought a Drawing tablet and teaching myself digital art. Drew these for a Design Contest for a Indie Game called Laxidaze. Monster in this game are animals, or machines augmented by nano-tech.

1. Hermitin is a hermit crab exposed to nano bytes via ocean pollution. They have developed magnetic abilities and make shells from trash on the beach. Hermitin are drawn to Smart-Cans, using its tech to find sources of water... or soda. (Fluff: Smart-Cans have geo-tracking software to detect where beverages are consumed. User data is used to move Vending Machines closer to thirsty people.)
His adorable little cap is made from a bottle cap and a pull tab from a soda can.
Evolves into Grouchapon.

Hermitin 003 JPEG.jpg

2. Grouchapon: Hermatin outgrow soda cans and are instinctively drawn to their source: Vending Machines. They infect the vending machine with nano bytes, bringing it to life. They form a symbiotic bond. Grouchapon is STILL a functioning Vending Machine. Customers leave poor reviews of these machines, however the company has decided it is not cost effective to remove the Nanim. (Special Attack: Fire Soda Cans. Maybe they do random status effects based on which soda shoots out) Vending machien Monster Grouchopon 0023JPEG.jpg

Sting 002.jpg
Finished a new monster design. This one was challenging to figure out. The head and tail came first, but I couldn't figure out the middle and claws. After I realized he was a biker/punk it started to make sense.

My Socials were I post my art. Made a lot of progress this past year :)
Login • Instagram
https://twitter.com/BeatCityMonster
FKK-A_UXEAIOmwT

Is that the kind you can draw on, or is it connected to the computer/laptop? I have two Huion tablets, but the lag between pressing with the stylus and what shows up on screen was really frustrating.

Oh. That's...a lot less than I was expecting. I was expecting $1,000+. Still expensive for me, but most things are expensive for me, so it's a do-able expensive, rather than a nope-expensive.

Oh. That's...a lot less than I was expecting. I was expecting $1,000+. Still expensive for me, but most things are expensive for me, so it's a do-able expensive, rather than a nope-expensive.

Also CSP is $50 for the basic package. Worth it. there is a 3 month free trial, and you could do monthly sub to the program. but it's worth paying for. Get the trial and just see if it happens to go on sale in that time period.