• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Line art for eventual cover ... feedback?

It's on DeviantArt.

Anyhoo, I had this piece of line art sitting around for years and I just updated it to look like my main characters, and then I inked it digitally. There's some things that need to be fixed (i.e. hands, or the lack thereof) and I've already gone through a printed copy and circled stuff with a red pen to fix later. What I was hoping is that I could pass it by you guys and see if you catch any more before I finish it.

I of course appreciate "I like this!" comments too, but I want to make the absolute best of this. :D

I'm no artist, but that's a pretty good start. It has a lot of specific elements which kind of restrict what it could be used as the cover for (person being held in protective pose; a tangle of thorny bushes; that Islamic-style crescent), but I think it looks professional.

Thanks for that - You pinpointed a couple of things that actually have to do with my novel, which means whatever I did worked. XD

Is it about a bearded lady?

not to be snarky, because that would be fine, but the person holding the other person looks like a woman with a beard.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Is it about a bearded lady?

not to be snarky, because that would be fine, but the person holding the other person looks like a woman with a beard.

I see that too. There is a line justbelow the mustache which looks like a feminine mouth, but the real mouth is lower.