• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Long time lurker...

korabas

Dreamer
... and, admittedly, a long time procrastinator also.

Hello Mythic Scribes!

I'm an aquisitions editor at a non-fiction publisher, but my first love was writing and fiction. I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, trying to find inspiration and willpower to get back into writing -- I studied a Masters in Creative Writing some years ago which did nothing but turn writing into work (in my head, anyway). I've had a few short stories published in small indie mags and anthologies, nothing major, but I haven't written anything for years. Arrgh!
I DO have ideas though, constantly, and often quite good ones. I have two current ideas for fantasy novels that are well-formed in my head, but i'm having trouble getting started with the writing of them. Which is why i'm here!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Korabas,

I think most writers go through that "idea" phase. I went through one that lasted 16 years. I've finally decided to get serious with writing too. If you have any questions we LOVE to answer them. The most important thing, however, is to always understand that no matter what answer you get, the final form of your idea on paper is completely up to you.

See you around!

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Glad you decided to officially join us, Korabas.

Welcome! I hope we can get you out of that idea phase and remind you that writing can be fun!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Korabas, and Welcome to Mythic Scribes!! Thanks for joining our community. We hope that you will love this place and make many new friends.

Please explore the many different forums, and visit the Showcase =)

We also have public chat rooms all weekends, from Friday to Sunday.