• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Lotus War

Kit

Maester
Jay Kristoff, Lotus War series. First book is "Stormdancer", second one came out last month ("Kinslayer"). Dystopian Japanese steampunk- swordplay, gryphons, intrigue and treachery, multiple strong female characters. I have never read any steampunk and am not a fan of sci fi, but this series is very good!

Also- the third Divergent novel just came out. The second two books in the series are not anywhere near as good as the first one.

Another good YA one: Ann Aguirre, Enclave series. I've read the first two; the third one just came out and I have it on Kindle but haven't gotten to it yet because I was busy reading Kinslayer. ;)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Yeah, I started reading this before I dropped and broke my Kindle (waiting to get a new one). I thought what I read was really well-done and something different. I'm finding that YA is doing lots of interesting things with fantasy at the moment.

Kit

Maester
I don't think Lotus War is YA.... the other two series I mentioned are.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I heard it described as YA before, but I'm not up to date on what classifies as YA so I could me mistaking it for something else.