• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Manalodia's Gallery of Arte

347996_blumiu_cachusa-gavrielle.png

A full character concept for Cachusa Saphrene Arcturus Gavrielle (I know, but Penumbra women keep their maiden name while taking on their marriage). This turned out pretty well, very much so with the dress as I wasn't sure I could do patterns by hand.
When Cachusa reappears in Lost Children, I wanted her to look more vampiric/inhuman and darker appearance to reflect that change in her. Partially this reflects her further progression into her abilities. She is still the maternal, caring person she had always been, but ruthless towards her enemies because of her near-death experience that separated her from Miriam.

Trick

Auror
Great art!

Can I ask how you got the designs on her skirts to bend with the folds of the cloth? Unless you did that by hand and then colored them on the computer. I'm trying to avoid having to do that. I need it for some tattoo art and can't make the tattoo image contour to the skin very well.

Great art!

Thank you very much, Trick! Much appreciated~

Can I ask how you got the designs on her skirts to bend with the folds of the cloth? Unless you did that by hand and then colored them on the computer. I'm trying to avoid having to do that. I need it for some tattoo art and can't make the tattoo image contour to the skin very well.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid to say I did do them by hand on computer (I don't have a scanner at the moment so, everything is 100% digital). I downloaded quite a bit of patterns for Photoshop, but none of them fit right with what I wanted; thus, I drew them. It may only be possible to make patterns placed that way with 'Warp' or similar tool.

Folds And Creases Effect In Photoshop

Found this for you :) Hopefully it will help. Don't worry about it being for Eessentials. It should have most of the same tools as the others and what you are attempting shouldn't be that advanced.

347987_blumiu_companions.png

Miriam and Rema. Did something a little different instead of leaving this as a simple sketch.
Drawing on SAI is difficult since it doesn't have a ruler tool, so frontal require you to flip the
image back and forth and get it as close as possible to being even.

Trick

Auror
Unfortunately, I'm afraid to say I did do them by hand on computer (I don't have a scanner at the moment so, everything is 100% digital). I downloaded quite a bit of patterns for Photoshop, but none of them fit right with what I wanted; thus, I drew them. It may only be possible to make patterns placed that way with 'Warp' or similar tool.

Folds And Creases Effect In Photoshop

Found this for you :) Hopefully it will help. Don't worry about it being for Eessentials. It should have most of the same tools as the others and what you are attempting shouldn't be that advanced.

Thank you!

It just so happens that all I have is PS Essentials and I literally just got it yesterday. I've been working in free programs only. This should be quite helpful :)

Thank you!

It just so happens that all I have is PS Essentials and I literally just got it yesterday. I've been working in free programs only. This should be quite helpful :)

Awesome (cool coincidence too!) Glad I could help.

349271_blumiu_black-betrothal.png

This is an old drawing I revamped the best I could with SAI by editing and colouring. The two characters are Dusanth and Charon, Charon actually being Mila possessed by Agrat-bat-mahlaht, another fallen ehmatta. Dusanth appears in Lost Children Pt. II, a mysterious entity given the name of the Divina Godvi god because of the death and destruction that follows in his appearing; he also is creating an army of umbra called "the lost children".

348770_blumiu_megiddo-amaudio.png

A famed knight in Isalme for his many campaigns and victories, as well as his lecherous nature off of it. With such a sorted reputation, Megiddo is either respected or infamous. His skill is unquestionable, but he has slowed down with age and has taken to overseeing the younger generation attain new heights. Time also brought about more selfish ambitions as the corruption of Is' politics continues to take root.

With a good number of Isalme's corrupt princes allying themselves against the King, Megiddo becomes a double-agent of the royal family and noble houses, assigned a new military branch under the King, but also taking contracts from his opposition. As commanding officer of Ematus Sercia, he recruits an unlikely few as elites to serve directly under him, the Transient knights.
When Megiddo's ambitions and greed overshadow his wavering loyalty to a weak King, his information trades with the Kingdom of Surlvhal lead to Rema Merloci discovering the Alphyn Letter, detailing a cu de tat of a powerful group of nobles and the involvement of a third-party.

He is killed in battle with Rema and Dusk Merloci, the fallen ehmatta inside Dusk destroying his magik sword Demon along with the general.

348765_blumiu_transient-spettro.png

*A dated drawing compared to the others, but the only one I have of Leien so far. Working on a piece that includes Rema, Nar and Leien; all the Transients together.

Leien Edwin is a fellow Transient knight alongside Rema Merloci and Nar Valance. Having made a name for himself in the Underworld as a contract assassin, General Megiddo recruited this former street urchin turned back-blade to a noble's status. From what he says, he met Rema as a boy, but has yet to reveal further details.

Under the codename "Spettro", Leien is inscribed with the glyph, Muaradine, granting him the ability to become one with the shadows, ideal for his talents. Because of his background, Leien has quite the sociable personality, though disturbing at times.

He joins in Megiddo's secret dealings with Survlhal alongside Nar, leading to the confrontation with Rema and Dusk. He is struck down by Dusk, but not before passing on his glyph and revealing he knew Rema when she looked after South Saggio's street urchins.

348514_blumiu_rema-transient-notte.png

Rema in her full Ematus Sercia regalia. Her codename within her knight order is Transient Notte, named after the village her hometown. Only for a short time does she wear it before the whole Alphyn Letter incident, so I was thinking of a side-story aside from Innocenza that has to do with an assignment the Transients are involved in.

348126_blumiu_the-daemon-wolf.png

Dusk vs the Demon Wolf, Heraphent. I should have gone for something far my dynamic, but I always simplify thing my first time around. Need to stop that. Anyway, this is much later in Lost Children, but one of the conclusive times Dusk actually opposes Alastor after being given the blood of Requiem and Viktoria to bring back Mila.

Jabrosky

Banned
I have to say the smoky texture on the wolf's fur, combined with the white blizzard-like effects, give that battle scene a welcome extra touch of atmosphere. :)

Thank you, Jabrowsky (wait, are you banned now?)Since Alastor is a spiritual being, he can manifest however he pleases int he physical realm, thus the demon wolf being very real and yet comprised of the abyss (misty effect) as well. Glad you think the contrast worked :)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I really like the blurriness around the wolf. Makes him look like he's inside a snow tornado or something. How do you make your art? (Maybe you already said this?)

347994_blumiu_always-thinking-of-you.png

One of the first drawings I did for my story with SAI. I was fortunate enough to add a light glare
with Photoshop, but couldn't do much else since I deleted the orignal .sai file :( Only have the .png.
The title to this is "Always Thinking of You".

348261_blumiu_baciami.png

"Baciami" with Rema and Miriam. I originally had no idea what I was going to do with the background,
and so I did my best with making them appear to be beneath a stone bridge. Just...I know realize those
had large columns steadying them to the ground below...Next time, eh? ;)

I really like the blurriness around the wolf. Makes him look like he's inside a snow tornado or something. How do you make your art? (Maybe you already said this?)

Sorry, Phillip! Didn't see your comment until just now. Thank you, that seems to be the one thing I'm sure I accomplished with that one. I think I was asked something specific before, not actually what I make it with (unless you mean program). SAI is meant for manga/anime drawing and why the pen tool is so accurate and smooth. Other than that, it lacks all the effects and rendering you can do with Photoshop. Since I'm really new to PS, I just use what tools are available and mimic what I can, if not use Photoshop simpler effects here and there. I pretty much manipulate how I use basic brushes by blurring and whatever comes to mind.

Artwork for the Eternity side-story, Season of Endall. The angel's design stems from me finding Italian masquerade masks
beautiful and creepy at the same time. A lot of things in the story have symbolic meaning and very surreal, like
a dream or nightmare. Since there are not many characters in it, artwork wise will be doing setting concepts, landscapes and architecture of the castle where the writing will be from the Black Queen and Hollow Knight's POVs.

43278367_p0.png

My first piece for Season of Endall. After the idea came to me, I drew this to cement the concepts
and imagery I had in mind at the time.

347983_blumiu_oath-of-blood.png

This one isn't quite finished yet (haven't drawn much between work, sleep and writing).
The ehmatta with her is her guardian and plays a larger role than the others.