• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Merc... <-- that's me.

Merc

Dreamer
Hey everybody,
I'm Merc. Avid reader and writer, with many many hobbies, career in swing, and personal life never unattended. I'm always going, and change what I'm writing on constantly, it's a problem of mine. Currently I'm reading four or five different books, and can't put any of them down. Stuck on Tolkien and Rowling for life, and can't get away from Joe Abercrombie. In love with the man's talent of writing. Personally, I prefer storytelling, and full world development, and that's what I tend to work towards. Also noting as a disclaimer, 'Personally' is the only word ending in 'ly' you'll ever see used in my context. After about four years of countless creative writing courses, and two years as an english major I've found that any word ending in 'ly' or the general use of adverbs says two things. First off, you suck; shortly followed with, find a better word. In literal terms, the computer will scream both phrases at you. At least mine did.
Can't wait to get to know everyone, and glad to be back in an online community. Couldn't stand my old forum, there wasn't quite enough openness, and lot's of on edge people.

Shadoe

Sage
You used constantly and currently as well as personally. I'm not going to scream, "you suck" however. That's just me, I can be a little nitpick-ly. ;)

Oh. And welcome! :D

Sparkie

Auror
Screaming computers... Wonder if that could make a good story? Anyway, welcome. And death to adverbs.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Merc, welcome to Mythic Scribes!! In my own stories I try to avoid an overuse of adverbs, but I write most of my stories in Castilian and the adverb use is a little different to that of English =) I hope you enjoy yourself here, it's a wonderful place..

Merc

Dreamer
You used constantly and currently as well as personally. I'm not going to scream, "you suck" however. That's just me, I can be a little nitpick-ly. ;)

Oh. And welcome! :D

Good eye, ... Had my headphones on. Must not've heard the comp, I suppose I deafly continued insubtanitially making my point by falsely presenting th case, but in my defense...I was typing drunkenly. >.< :D
Be as nitpicky as possible, it makes writing fun.

Ceresz

Acolyte
Welcome to the board, I just joined myself :D. I tend to keep my use of adverbs to a minimum, mainly because of past advice. Never really got why they're so horrible though.