• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

modern/futuristic/fantasy

tumblr_n1bk41Ya9K1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

so I finally decided to finish up creating the rest of my Frost Elf crew. Their designs are loosely based on christmas lights.

They are techno-mages from a distant icy planet. They have a spaceship [model called: IC-I 459]which they use to sell black market goods to other alien worlds.

Malia is the brave, awesome captain who pulls the crew through everything. She is a little hot headed and often threatens to fire Cecilin, if she messes up one more time.
"Lets see how well these bastards can dance."

Frozznik is the Navigator often thought of as the soul of the crew and is an old friend of Malia’s. While the others get on each others nerves and often break out into magic flinging battles a board their ship. He provides simple proverbs to cool them off. (Which are actually really lame and people wonder if any of the crew actually listen to them.)
"Anger is like water in a kettle, hot water goes in and in time it cools."

Cecilin is the weapon’s expert and communications. You man think pffft she is totally unqualified for that role, you would be so wrong. She may also like dressing up in the latest Frost Elf styles but when it comes to a battle she ain’t letting you go easily. She is also highly skilled in manipulative magics and can get many races to bend to her wills. Its especially easy against other frost elves since the color green is mesmerizing to them. She is often too trust worthy of other races though and so gets in trouble with Malia a lot.
"Oh Sweets, thank you for the compliment! But, don’t think I won’t shoot you now."

Colsef is the engineer. He likes constructing and repairing things. If he isn’t shooting something up with his lovingly constructed MA-NA gun collection, or over-clocking the ships energy units. He’s building hover vehicles to enter in the sci-fi version of the Grand Prix.
"You want this ship to go faster, Then I’ll make her ---- go Faster!"

Smith

Minstrel
These guys look really cool. I think you've captured a nice blend of sci-fi elements and fantasy, and the characters themselves sound awesome (Frozznik and his proverbs made me chuckle, and I have a soft spot for fashion savvy characters who kick ass).

Since this all takes place in the same universe, I'll toss in some other sketches of characters that exists in a different part of this universe.

Some angels

lailah_and_paschar_by_dragonlegends-d7gev8a.jpg

His names Osriel.
osriel_snow2_by_dragonlegends-d79ha52.gif

REALLY OLD Angel uniform design. I updated it recently but the image isn't finished.

angel_legion_armor_2_by_dragonlegends-d57pl1z.jpg

Kitsune/ fox demon /huldra

pat_design1_by_dragonlegends-d7gevx4.jpg

demon_military_by_dragonlegends-d7gew3n.jpg

Demon uniform are supposed to be a little more Napoleonic looking while Angel uniforms are a bit more American revolution-ish. It sort of comes from what their place is at the beginning of Terminus (the comic I'm working on with all this. I may also refer to it being called 24bit. Its the same thing just two different names.) Angels want to be free. Demons want to enslave all.

Angel's and Demon's have "halos." Halo's are enchanted object's that grant the wearer increased ability in something. Similar to a short cut bar in an MMO, Angels and demon's use these to pull weapons from the ground, increase fire power. See in the dark, etc. Demon's use refurbish Halo's because they don't have the material's to make ones them selves. They appear like horns because of this.

Thanks @Jabrosky . I tried to take the runes from real places. In the story angels have fought war's all over the galaxy and thousands of different races have seen their halo's. I thought using real ones would make it more believable that they are magic.

tumblr_n8ks627Ysl1ri1sfdo1_500.jpg

Here is my main character for the 24bit/terminus project. Her name is Azra'el but is more commonly know as Astrid. She is an angel in Cronus Legion. The snake is another character her worst enemy but also her best friend.