• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Motivating a perpetual war

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Feo Takahari: Your demons and what you have described about them sound very interesting, maybe it's the kind of story that I would like to read if you publish it someday =)

I have something similar happening in my first Fantasy novel, a perpetual war I mean: Two different Mage cities separated by some 14 miles very high in the mountains have been fighting each other for over three hundred years, and everything started because the Mages invented two styles of magical candles and they could not agree about which style was better.

The same discussion about candles that started the war kept fueling it for those three centuries, just because my Mages are quite crazy and they have a tendency to solve their problems by direct and forceful means- I think that a background motivation like my Candles War is the best way to keep a perpetual war going, but you would have to find your own motivation that causes a constant conflict between your factions of Demons.

I don't know your Demons well enough to come up with a good idea to motivate a perpetual war, sorry.

@Feo Takahari: Your demons and what you have described about them sound very interesting, maybe it's the kind of story that I would like to read if you publish it someday =)

I've already published the first part of it under the title Eternal--I just can't link it because it's on Literotica. (Most of it revolves around lust demons, so having a lot of sex in it was kind of a natural step.)