• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

My Bad Fantasy Art Project

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Wow, you're using it as your avatar? That's pretty cool! Wear it like a badge of honor, I suppose! :)

In any case, glad you like it, even though it's not, as we say, good. ;)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I actually added the water elemental bit at the very end. My original version didn't have it, but went back and put it on there. Glad you like it! As always, I'm open to do other ones. I have fun doing these more than I expected. I'm thinking of doing some original characters that aren't in any stories and seeing what I can come up with as well.

But if people have characters, hit me up and I'll do them! :D

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Drawing is fun. I did a lot of art with my first novel. I'm talking about the level of quality you're aiming for with MS Paint. Maybe I took it up a notch from that, but intentionally drew my characters to look like muppets.

(@#$%! I should've used that look for Flat Earth! It's so much easier to draw that way!)

Anyway, my point is that I drew maps and numbered scenes to keep track of where different characters were moving, and when they would run into each other. It was like a pictorial writing prompt.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
That's actually a great idea. Maybe I could do that with some of my future novels. Have several pics so I know where my characters are going and what they're doing. It could be fun to do in any case and keep me on track.