1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

My new blog!

Discussion in 'Writers on the Web' started by KellyB, Apr 18, 2014.

1. KellyB

KellyB Minstrel

Well, I've decided to try doing a blog again (the first one was several years ago).

I hope to post at least once a week and share my progress (hopefully) in getting a story actually completed and self-published. I also want to share interesting articles about writing, nifty writing resources I come across, and cool websites, blogs, and books about writing. Hope you decide to check it out:

Kelly's Adventures in Writing - The ramblings of a wanna-be author.

~KellyB

2. Ayaka Di'rutia

Ayaka Di'rutia Troubadour

Looks like a nice start :) Hopefully doing blog posts will help you build up your confidence and perseverance as a writer. I've enjoyed posting on my own website, kind of an online journal that others can read about my writing and other stuff.

KellyB likes this.
  3. KellyB

KellyB Minstrel

Thanks! I think my main objective with the blog is accountability. I've been wanting to write something for years, but the only people who knew about it were my close relatives. I want to put myself out there and make goals that other people, not just me, know about. I'll feel embarrassed if I don't make progress. Otherwise, I'm just sitting here at my computer wishing and not doing anything. I'm not gettin' any younger ya know! :)

4. Scribble

Scribble Archmage

Kelly, your blog post could have been written by me about myself!

Procrastination - check
    Perfectionism - check
    Lack of clear goals and accountability - checkeroonie.

I did (past tense) blog about my writing, and that helped me get moving. It is curious how when faced with pouring our goofy guts out on a blank page that doing the dishes / reorganizing the closet / cleaning the gutters is suddenly so much more attractive. My kitchen has never been cleaner since I decided to write fiction.

Having something to report is a good incentive. I bookmarked your blog, so now you had better go write something :)

KellyB likes this.
  5. Lorna

Lorna Inkling

Thanks for sharing. The on-line resource section looks helpful. Looking forward to seeing you progressing from a 'wanna be author' to an author :)

KellyB likes this.
  6. ALB2012

ALB2012 Maester

Nice blog, I am now following and I've reblogged your helpful resources page. Blogging is great for getting your thoughts down and networking. I don't outline my novels much either. I know the beginning and the end and the middle gets there by itself (or not a couple of times!) although I do have folders of notes. I have tried to plan but everything I change it and if I force it to stick to something it doesn't want to be then it doesn't work.

I look forward to seeing your journey as a writer.