• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2020 Wordcounts

Ned Marcus

Maester
My final count is 23,591 words. I'm quite happy with this as I didn't really intend starting a new novel this month (because I'm finishing book one in the series—the new one will be book two—and a short story).

This thread's been helpful in encouraging me to keep going, so thanks to everybody for posting their updates.

My final count is 23,591 words.
Congrats on getting to 23k words. It's a great start for a novel. Something you can build on in the coming months.

My wordcounts over the past couple of days: 1.517, 1.308, 443, 1.392. One day left (different timezone. It's 10 in the morning here ;) ). I'm at 30.468, just 1.177 away from my target, which was last years target of 31.654. I should be able to make that, unless life decides to intervene. But even then, 30k+ words is a good month for me.

Done. Wrote 1195 words yesterday and finished on 31.663 words, which is 18 more than last year. But what a struggle it was. It's probably to do with it being the last day and the finishline being in sight. But I couldn't get into the story and really had to force the words out. O well, at least a moderate success, and 31k words more than 30 days ago :) Tonight, some well deserved rest (there's champions league footbal to watch ;) ). The rest of the week will probably be spent publishing last years novella and then on writing the rest of this tale.

Thanks everyone for the support and for joining in the fun :)