• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New blood.

Rob

Dreamer
I'm Rob. I got an inbox from Black Dragon saying I should make an introduction, so here it is:

I'm a 23 year old male from Australia. I'm a full time butcher (It's a living) and about to enroll in an English teaching course through one of the Universities via Canberra. I'm a passionate writer who would like to get published to make a living through writing the stories I dream up.

I don't really enjoy "high fantasy," but more of your "low fantasy" types of literature (there are some good high fantasy novels I do enjoy). I'm a passionate gamer, music-listener, and movie-watcher. Cold days and thunderstorms are my type of weather.

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Hey Rob, welcome!
I like thunderstorms myself, although I do prefer it warm - well, warmer thatn it's right now in my cave.

I'll appologise for the pun right away, but when I read about your day job and your dream of publishing, my thought was: Other Butchers did it too. (Jim of Dresden Files fame etc.)

Anyway, have fun and let us see it :)

Welcome to the Scribes Rob. Yes, low fantasy is cool, I want to write stories which are subtle, character driven, and only contain big battles if absolutely necersarry. Enjoy yourself.

Jeff Xilon

Minstrel
Hello! I gotta say, being able to say you were once a full-time butcher is the kind of factoid fans and interviews will love to bring up about you if you achieve your dream of being a published, working author.