• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Roleplay World?

Nimue

Auror
1) You can play a Dragon?
Yes, either as part of a dragon-rider pair, or a wild dragon. However, I'm going to have to see a really good bio before that would be approved, if for no other reason than dragons are supposed to be very scarce, like near-extinct. I'd be more comfortable approving a dragon as a second character, once I'm more familiar with everyone's play styles. I'm going to add a note to that effect in the write-up on dragons.

Dang, that's something I should have put in the rules: You can play more than one character, but only as many characters as you can post regularly with! A hard limit would probably be four. I'll have to add that when the thread goes up.
2) What do you mean by magic are you talking elemental, manipulation, healing, or something else?
I haven't written anything about magic yet, but that's next. I can tell you that there won't be any elemental divisions, though--any powers are accessible to any wizard, should he be able to learn them.
3) When you begin the game do you think you will give more leeway on the rules when players begin?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this--the guidelines are just guidelines, don't worry too much about them, but the rules aren't something we can compromise on, they're pretty essential to a functioning rp. If you're worrying about strikes as a beginning rper, I would definitely be lenient towards people who haven't done this before, but a key point is that they have to be willing to learn. Repeated violations of something spelled out in the rules is definitely something that will earn a strike.

Part of the goal of the rules and approval system is finding a group of players who work well together. If you're willing to be flexible and communicate with other players, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.
4) Finally are you doing better, you mentioned you were having problems?
Yes, thanks for asking, things are going better. It's an ongoing process, but I'm feeling a lot less stressed out.