• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Not sure how to quote?

Roc

Troubadour
I'm not sure how you pull individual quotes out of a piece when you're reviewing it on mythic scribes. I can quote the whole thing, but can't take just like one sentence or two.

could someone explain how to do this?

Thanks guys!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Just go to "reply with quote" as usual, then have a look at the tags surrounding the quote. You can copy and paste them to divide up the quote into sections, or select and delete parts you don't need. Like this:

[ QUOTE=Roc;77050]I'm not sure how you pull individual quotes out of a piece when you're reviewing it on mythic scribes. I can quote the whole thing, but can't take just like one sentence or two.

could someone explain how to do this?[/ QUOTE]

Here I just bumped the closing "quote" tag up to the end of your second paragraph, then deleted the rest. The spaces I put in so you can see the actual tags. Hope this helps. :)

Just go to "reply with quote" as usual, then have a look at the tags surrounding the quote. You can copy and paste them to divide up the quote into sections, or select and delete parts you don't need.

Right.

A related trick is, to quote from multiple people:

Set up one quoting-Reply (trimming it or not). But instead of clicking the Post button, select and copy your complete post (quote-tags and all), and Cancel the post.

how to do this

Then start a Reply off of the other quote and paste your original quote-post material into that. Rinse and repeat if needed (hopefully not too much), before Posting the total.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Right.

A related trick is, to quote from multiple people:

Set up one quoting-Reply (trimming it or not). But instead of clicking the Post button, select and copy your complete post (quote-tags and all), and Cancel the post.

Then start a Reply off of the other quote and paste your original quote-post material into that. Rinse and repeat if needed (hopefully not too much), before Posting the total.

An easier way to do this is just to click the multi-quote button (to the right of the Reply With Quote button; it looks like a speech bubble with quotation marks and a plus sign) on each post you want to multi-quote from, and then hit "Reply to Thread".