• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Occult Artist - Interested in Process

Hi I am an illustrator who is interested in learning more about professional fantasy storytelling. I am at the start of a big project which tells a tale through the use of the graphic novel medium. It will be a while before it is done. I am also the illustrator for a tarot project being released soon through The Abrahadabra Institute.

Hope to learn a lot, thanks for the forums.

TWErvin2

Auror
Naomi Ningishzidda,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure working on a graphic novel's art and the tarot project will keep you busy!

Looking forward to interacting with you on the boards here.

Terry

CicadaGrrl

Troubadour
Awesome. I have such respect for artists, especially who work in mixed medium. So what's your take on the tarot? I could use a new set.

The tarot is pretty complex, actually, although we're trying our best to accommodate all levels of tarot expertise, there are parts where the explanations will get pretty dry, although hopefully we'll be able to balance the book out with some fun mythology and really help people come to a new understanding of the arcana and elements.

Mutational Alchemy is the theme and this encompasses a vast body of work with roots in both Western Hermetic occultism and even stronger roots in Chinese binary mathematics (the I Ching etc.) Artistically I'm trying to make it both pan-global and pan-racial.

I'm writing an artist's accompaniment to the cards and paintings but this is not intended for publication, rather it is the reference point from which m1thr0s, the discoverer of Mutational Alchemy will be using to assemble the book which is going to be pretty elaborate (though as I said, hopefully fun also).

Llewellyn will agree to publish hopefully, although there's not guarantee that's going to be the end publisher. The most important thing is global reach and after some research I've found they seem to have the best outreach program and I like the packaging style. I'm aiming for a 2012 release date and have about 13 cards to finish now.

Here's one of my favorites:

500pxnocorner-princepent.jpg