• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Oh, hello.

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
Hey everybody, nice to meet you in-the-future-when-you-respond. I am Rudy, and my friends just don't have an interest in writing, doing it or reading it. So I hope to fix that here.

Been writing, poorly, since childhood but now I want to really get my head emptied of all these whizzing whatchitcallsits-idear-thingies. Interest is mythology and modern fantasy, currently working on a kind of Herodotus' Histories of a fictional world, with the myths of seven different cultures through the eyes of a traveling scholar, with other ideas asking, no, demanding some screen time every couple of days. Its hard to focus, isn't it?

So can't wait to meet everybody. But I have too, 'cause time travel hasn't been invented yet. Unless it has, in the future, in which case upon usage it already exists...nevermind. Hi.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Rudy
Welcome to Mythic Scribes
I've always been partial to a bit of Herodotus, so what you've got brewing sounds like fun.
Talking of brewing; the beer is pretty good at the moment and the stew is only a couple of days old.
Pull up a seat and dry your feet...

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Rudy! Feel free to have a look around, and be careful not to trip on the cats. XD

SeverinR

Vala
Hi, Rudy!

By the way, time travel exists. We all travel into the future at the rate of 60 minutes per hour. ;)

I don't know, sometimes it seems to slow down, much like 180 minutes and hour, or times when its 20 minutes an hour.
I think I might be in a time travellers plaything.

TrustmeIm rudy,
Welcome. We have all been writing badly for a time. We all seek to improve, I believe even the published people on this site. I don't commonly see published authors gloating too much here. Sharing the wisdom, the excitement, but not usually overly gloating. Truly we're all here to improve and get ideas.

GeekDavid

Auror
I don't know, sometimes it seems to slow down, much like 180 minutes and hour, or times when its 20 minutes an hour.
I think I might be in a time travellers plaything.

Talk to H. G. Wells about that, then. Or maybe Einstein.

As you can see, Rudy, we don't take each other or ourselves all that seriously most of the time. :D

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
Couple days old? Ah whatever, thats what microwaves are for.
Cats are fun!
Well my friend crashed his Tardis into this other guy's DeLorean, I think they may have broken something important. But on the bright side, we can go get that stew while its fresh!

Good I love people who can get off topic and fly into tangents without a second thought, cause I kinda just fall into it constantly :p
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

SeverinR

Vala
Well, ah, dat stew...well they kind a just keep addin to it.
It was good yesterday, but I think dey threw in some meat they didn't get all da scales off of.
Oh, wait, never mind that was just the waitress that brought me the stew, she needs to see a healer about that skin condition.
Can I get a mug o ale without scales please?

GeekDavid

Auror
Well, ah, dat stew...well they kind a just keep addin to it.
It was good yesterday, but I think dey threw in some meat they didn't get all da scales off of.
Oh, wait, never mind that was just the waitress that brought me the stew, she needs to see a healer about that skin condition.
Can I get a mug o ale without scales please?

Severin, last week I saw someone adding cut scenes from their WIP to the stew pot. I've avoided it since then... it gave me the trots.

SeverinR

Vala
Severin, last week I saw someone adding cut scenes from their WIP to the stew pot. I've avoided it since then... it gave me the trots.
That ain't the meat of the story, thats all fat or worse, no wonder ye gots the squirts.

Pizza and Chinese delivery are on speed dial. Use the phone on the wall.
For the wee little folks, there is a stool next to da phone so you can reach. Sorry, don't have wireless service in here. Heck, last month we were sending pigeons...until someone put em in da stew. Now we have this new fangled tellya phones.

GeekDavid

Auror
For the wee little folks, there is a stool next to da phone so you can reach. Sorry, don't have wireless service in here. Heck, last month we were sending pigeons...until someone put em in da stew. Now we have this new fangled tellya phones.

Pigeons is wireless, ain't they?

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
...I may have thought the wire was something else. My car needed a jump...
On the bright side, fried avian meat anybody?