• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

PAPERS DUE

Steady progress usually is the best kind. It's the best way to write for most people. After all, it's easier for most people to find 15 minutes per day each day of the week than to find 2 hours of uninterrupted time once a week. And if you miss a session, then in one case, you've missed 15 minutes, in the other you've missed a whole week of writing...

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
No significant writing was done this week. I'm still deciding what the next project will be. There are a few options, so my goal for the coming week is to decide which one I wish to pursue. I'll let the completed novella lie a little longer before I start editing it. I feel that it is best to write a second draft with "fresh" insight, for otherwise the thoughts and insights the writer had coursing through their mind during the first draft might influence their better judgement.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm picking up an old story of mine. Around 5000 of its 15.000 current words will be cut in the rewrite this week. A new, revised plan has been made and will be seen to its fruition. This is a story I have attempted and reattempted since 2019. With a finished novella under my belt, I believe I now have the means to tackle this tale and see it written. Between 50 and 60k in total length is my aim, based on the plot I am working with.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I figured out that the rewrite wasn't working as well as I hoped. I rewrote parts and worked on a new chapter, but I decided not to push through. Instead I started work on a sequel to the novella I finished with the aim of turning the whole into a novel. It's a story that is more my pace and I have ample directions to expand upon it and flesh out its setting into a new narrative continuing off the old. Put some good work into the sequel.

Still no puppy for me. Next week I shall earn one!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Just finished the current pass of Book 1. Is it done yet? No....it goes on endlessly. But...it is a milestone of a sort.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Thank you! I agree, slow movement is still movement. Another puppy pic hopefully awaits.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Too much (positive) distraction this time around. Onto the next week!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Three books in the can, 13 chapters of the fourth - two written this week - fifth in outline stage. I get puppy.

This is Asher. He's the middle of our four puppies, all rescues. He is what's called a Wire Mouth Heeler, a cattle dog native to the Missouri Ozarks, where I live.

IMG_20230831_091946455_HDR.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ban