• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

PAPERS DUE

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
And that's a bit weird when the whole premise of this thread is posting puppy pictures for jobs well done. Not sure why that needed to be on the record. Anyways.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Kittens for the win ;)

images

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I feel like you're trying to get a rise out of me. I'm not kidding when I say I don't appreciate this. Let me have my puppy thread and you can keep your disdain elsewhere. This is not the thread and I'm not in the mood.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Comment withdrawn.

I apologize for not feeling the room and contributing to stirring things up. Puppy power :)

Carry on....I have only one goal for the weekend... get current scene done and hopefully get a story flow going. Word count by end of weekend could be 700-2100 words, but we will see.

Last edited:

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I was a bit too prickly. As for next week's goals, I am aiming to get 16k in total. That seems to be the pace I have settled in at this stage and seems sufficient to me. Just getting more words on the page will again be considered a win as well.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...I am not sure where I am with word counts.

I spent this week assessing and reordering. I moved some scenes around, and tried to gather my thoughts on where it was all going. I had said last week that I was trying to force in the threat, and trying to find a way to kick them into the conflict. In reordering, I allowed myself more freedom to do it. But...some scenes may end up cut, so word count may have shrunk. But the opening is much cleaner now. Not foundering about, instead show what is needed and not what is not. The rest may still find a home, but there scenes came in to early.

All and all, the project grows, so until I cut, the word count is higher.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Cutting words is progress as well. Water first has to retract before a tsunami comes in.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Tsunami? Crap. I'm headed to higher ground. Taking my notebook with me, of course.
A picture might be worth a thousand words, but 68k is worth a puppy picture. This one's of Gus.
1689366970354.png

• Love

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Festivities got in the way ("woe is me!" he said with great sarcasm), so I've extended my 20k goal to next friday. Currently just shy of 17.5k so it should be more than doable. Alas, no puppy picture for me.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
No Goals.

Last week was a bit scattered for me. Trying to do three things at once. I have moved into editing story 1 with the feedback from the editor. My only plan now is to give one more effort to that story and send it off. May take more than a week though.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
A little bit of slacking turned into a lot of slacking, as while I have expanded on the story, some stuff also was removed and most days were spent without putting pen to paper (or let's be honest, fingers to keyboard). All in all, nothing to lament, but certainly something to address. Next goal is a simple: "Write!"

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
It seems I was mistaken and today is not in fact a friday. Ah well, I guess that gives me an additional day to reach next week's goal: Write words. Very challenging.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Is it friday already? I suppose I forgot to set a goal for this week. Alas, no puppy pic from me or for me than. Next week I wish to have at least two more chapters written.