• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Poetry

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Sorry, I came in to read LadyErynn's poem and did not realize there was so much here.

Just comment, cause I see the Bold Copyright at the end. This is general chit chat. I think there are some areas of the sight that are not able to be viewed by non-members, and I am not sure if general Chit Chat is one of them. Maybe someone more in the know could say something about it.

Insolent Lad

Maester
Possibly this would be worth a new thread but I was just thinking how much Longfellow's "Hiawatha" (which I read through at age eight) influenced my love of both poetry and fantasy—of words in general. Maybe my first great literary influence. I suppose some would call it 'cultural appropriation' these days.

LadyErynn

Dreamer
Sorry, I came in to read LadyErynn's poem and did not realize there was so much here.

Just comment, cause I see the Bold Copyright at the end. This is general chit chat. I think there are some areas of the sight that are not able to be viewed by non-members, and I am not sure if general Chit Chat is one of them. Maybe someone more in the know could say something about it.
Fair point. I only posted it since I'm new and unfamiliar with the forum territory. I'll remove it. Thanks!

How do I remove it? My original post doesn't have an edit button...

Last edited:

Insolent Lad

Maester
Fair point. I only posted it since I'm new and unfamiliar with the forum territory. I'll remove it. Thanks!

How do I remove it? My original post doesn't have an edit button...

This is a perfectly good place to leave a poem. Or as good a place as any other. You can also create a portfolio for whatever you wish to share if it doesn't seem right for an ordinary forum post.

LadyErynn

Dreamer
This is a perfectly good place to leave a poem. Or as good a place as any other. You can also create a portfolio for whatever you wish to share if it doesn't seem right for an ordinary forum post.

Thank you! I wasn't planning to remove the whole poem...just the bold copyright at the end.

BearBear

Archmage
Blessed is the evening for sages and thieves:

As one speaks the other creeps,
While the balance is blissfully unaware.

Though their paths are far and varied,
For both you should be wary.

As one may take your wares,
The other will take you unawares.

And in equal measure loss.