• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pottermore

Mindfire

Istar
@Mindfire: You are right, and I think that I have figured out how it is exactly that the Slytherins cheat... That way it's possible to earn hundreds of House points in one hour, and I feel very tempted to do it for my House, but... No way, Ravenclaws don't cheat!

Apparently there used to be a huge thing about Slytherins infiltrating other houses under false aliases and then losing points on purpose so their own house would be ranked higher.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am sorry Ireth, I do not know any of those Pottermore usernames.

Sometimes I also get random Friends requests like that from other Houses, and I accept them. That gives me more people to personally challenge to a Duel, people that I already know how strong they are and how to defeat them =)

@Mindfire: Do you know if they stopped doing that, or is that practice still common at Pottermore?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
@Ireth: I have found the spider and completed Hagrid Arrives, but Into the Forbidden Forest remains a mystery. Have you completed it already? Sometimes, it takes something very small and silly to complete a chapter- I prefer when it's about collecting items and earning House points.

I've finished that one! When you find the eyes in the tree with the spiderweb, look around that area and you'll see a second pair of eyes. That's what I was missing. Took me ages to find it!

Mindfire

Istar
Do you know if they stopped doing that, or is that practice still common at Pottermore?

I have no idea. There doesn't seem to be much written on the blogosphere about it lately. So either it's stopped, it's less common, or it's still common but also old news so everyone just ignores/tolerates it and doesn't discuss it anymore.

Rinzei

Troubadour
Your topic has inspired me to start my account anew and try again - curse you! *fist-shake*

AccioWing3102, with a tabby cat. Wand is 12 3/4", Hawthrown wood, Phoenix Feather core, and Surprisingly Swishy. Ravenclaw.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
That's great Rinzei, welcome to Ravenclaw House where the proud Eagles live.

I have sent you a Friends request already. We need a lot of new Eagles to help us win the House Cup (we are catching up with Slytherin these days!). The best idea for a new Eagle is to explore the storyline in order to collect Items, and earn your first three hundred points =)

Thanks to the dueling club I have 1260 points already, go Ravenclaw!

Ireth: I have sent you another Challenge.

kayd_mon

Sage
Ok, here's an embarrassing question.... How do I start the story? Also, the site is a bit buggy on my tablet - I'll get to that dueling request, Sheilawisz!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Kayd Mon, after you Sign In you will see the cute, artistic Map that shows the different parts of the HP world. The Storyline should be visible below the map, looking like a collection of squares that contain images and words.

In my case, I was unable to explore the storyline with my Opera browser. I recommend Safari for the storyline and the Dueling Club, but the people in the Ravenclaw Common Room say that Chrome works nicely too... Have you accepted my Friends request? Dueling is a lot of fun.

@Mindfire: I do not know about the blogs, but sadly the rumors about cheating persist in the Pottermore Common Rooms. It's a shame that such a cool site has to fight against dueling bots, duplicate accounts and other things, but well... that's Internet, and cheating would exist anyway even if Pottermore was the real Hogwarts.

Ravenclaws, don't cheat!! We can win the House Cup all by ourselves =)