• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Question about a thread type: (Ask me about my -worldbuilding-)

Hello staff!

Out of respect for the space, and advance querying,...

I'm hoping to open a thread called "Ask me about my fantasy city! If I don't have the answer, I'll create one!"

Probably a bit long for a title, but the idea is that I open the thread, and anyone who wishes to partake in a question or few, I will provide answers to, as a tool to help solidify my creation and consider angles I haven't thought of yet, while at the same time sharing a portion of those results openly.

It seems to exist somewhere between a "Worldbuilding" topic, a "Critique", and a misc request.

A two part question:

- Which subforums on MythicScribes would this kind of thread belong?
- Of those options, which subforum would this thread most likely thrive?

Thank you for your consideration! =D

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You're of course welcome to post this, and if you'd posted it in the wrong place that wouldn't have been a big deal either. Since it's exclusively about your world, probably the appropriate place is Brainstorming & Planning. It might not get a large response.

If it were me I'd tweak it a bit to get it in the Q&A forum and invite people to have one of their characters ask one of your characters about your city. The goal would be to get one or two people really into it, and their characters would end up talking about their cities a bit too.

Another idea would be to post it in worldbuilding and try to get everyone posting about their cities. Maybe you could invite people to answer a question or two about their cities while adding a question of their own to the list.