1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

A question on offensiveness

Discussion in 'Ask the Staff' started by David Williams, May 12, 2021.

1. David Williams

David Williams Dreamer

Dear Mythic Scribes staff,

I´m gearing up to share a short fantasy/horror story, but I´m hesitating due to content. Is there a way to warn readers of strong adult content, or lock younger members out? I have read the forum & site rules and I feel I´m on very shaky ground and perhaps this forum is not the place for my story.

To be clear, I have written a violent and graphic attempted rape scene at the story’s climax. It's not going to be to everyone's taste. I should also check with you regarding the sensitivity of the community toward religion; I write about a deity coming to earth (this is the only fantasy element to be honest), and at one point I play on a principal catholic prayer.

I appreciate you have rules for a reason, and I will respect your indications.

Thank you,

David Williams

Reaver and S.T. Ockenner like this.
  2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Greetings David,

Thank you for joining our community, taking a look at our Forum Rules and especially for having the foresight to recognize the potential for your story to violate our guidelines. Here's what the Forum Rules have to say regarding your inquiry:
    (Rules specific to your story have been highlighted in bold.)

With these rules in mind, I agree with you that this particular story may be better suited for another site. However, I sincerely hope that our Forum Rules don't dissuade you from posting any of your other works in the future.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me any time.

3. David Williams

David Williams Dreamer

Thanks, appreciate the confirmation. I´ll post a more appropriate story when it's ready!

Reaver and S.T. Ockenner like this.