• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random muses….

BTW, if you're not gonna write Bom Junka Wow Wow...I am!

The low grumble of the garbage truck pulling up my street...

To anyone else, it was probably just another unnoticed noise, like the tornado sirens they sound every Wednesday afternoon, a test to make sure they still work.

But lately, I've lived for Wednesday mornings, when the trash collection came by. No, not because I'm excited to wheel my bins out at 6am and wave to the clean-cut, suited businessman next door while I'm in my threadbare pink robe and a pair of bunny slippers.

I wait for eight o'clock, when with unfailing timeliness, the garbage truck pulls past my house at a crawl, the big lettering on the side announcing that Rumpke Wast Management is on the scene to take care of my trash needs. And the fellow with the close-cropped beard and black stocking cap jumps off the back platform and comes to my curb.

Just keep walking, I always think, watching from my window. My driveway won't bite you. Nor will my door, if you choose to go that far. Me? I might bite. I've been waiting months to do it, and perhaps if I think it really loud, you might look up and think the same thing? Come bite me, honey. I'm begging you.

But he doesn't look up, and he doesn't come up the drive. Instead, he turns over my garbage can and leaves it with lid open, and jumps back on the truck, scooting off to do the same for the businessman next door...who isn't even home.

One time, I left a sofa on the curb. I suppose I could have donated it to Goodwill, but it seemed a small sacrifice at the time. I wrestled the old leather-clad monster to the curb with the help of my sister, who insisted I should simply re-home the outdated piece of furniture that still looked serviceable. I told her to shut up about it, already, in a tone I later regretted.

And I didn't call Rumpke ahead of time, to announce the large item pickup. Instead, I hovered by the window in a silk blouse the same color blue as my eyes, and waited. Waiting for the grumble. Waiting for him to appear.

Waiting for the perfect opportunity to rush out the door with a cup of coffee I'd raced to Starbucks for. Waiting for an opportunity to fly from the front door and apologize for the inconvenience of the sofa in my lawn. To tell him just how thankful I was. And to enjoy every moment of the muscles I imagined bulged passionately under that brown coat with the reflective tape on the sleeves...

Yeah...I'm inspired by your muses, too, Heliotrope!!!!

Oh my gosh, this is perfect. XD. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Write this, I would read the hell out of it :p

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
aww...I was just messing around, but thanks, you guys. This is just the kind of shit that pours from my head when I think about fake characters.

BTW, Rumpke is my trash collection, but I don't know what the garbage men look like. I'll have to get a better look next Wednesday. HA!

Thanks for sharing your muse...

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Killing myself right now. Oh my gosh.

And I'm still at school. Good thing all my kids are gone for the day.

C

Chessie

Killing myself right now. Oh my gosh.

And I'm still at school. Good thing all my kids are gone for the day.

I wonder what this man would think about all the conversation his good looks have sparked. Would he be flattered? What does he look like anyway? Ever seen Harold & Kumar? Our UPS man is like a goofier version of Kumar. He's terrified of getting stuck in our snowy driveway so he parks a 5 min walk from the house and never knows who he's looking for...which is weird because there's only us here. Can someone write a story about him? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I saw these posts about that joke earlier today, but I did not know the meaning because I am not a native speaker of English.

I was forced to ask some native speakers about the meaning of it, and what they told me has been enough to convince me to post this here. Mythic Scribes is a Family Friendly community, we all have to remember that not everyone in these Forums is an adult and (even though we do not have a rule against such things yet) it's very inappropriate to post things like that.

Please refrain from posting such things in the future.

R.H. Smith

Minstrel
That actually happens to me, but more in the music format. While listening to music I would get memory flashbacks or some such and those in turn would lead me down inspirational paths. I would then find who I would model that particular char on...maybe on a really good looking woman that caught my eye, or someone I have a crush on at the job, etc. Never underestimate the hotness of a Puertorican, lolz ;P

A muse came in the form a nightmare I had. Currently throwing around ideas for a very depressing horror mystery based off of it. Honestly so depressing to me it's hard to write it out. But I think it'll be incredible if I can pull it off.

Dreams are great, I pay a lot of attention to them for inspiration.

It's happens in the weirdest and most random places to me, you are not alone. Once, I was walking around and out of nowhere the idea of including a multiverse subplot just popped into my head. No context, no build up, no nothing. It just happened!

I've even had epiphanies while I was just preparing coffee for myself!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

A muse came in the form a nightmare I had. Currently throwing around ideas for a very depressing horror mystery based off of it. Honestly so depressing to me it's hard to write it out. But I think it'll be incredible if I can pull it off.

Dreams are great, I pay a lot of attention to them for inspiration.

What's your horror mystery idea?