• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts on my writing

Gurkhal

Auror
This are some random thoughts without greater meaning that I thought I would get out of my system.

For some time I've been less active on MythicScribes due to my wish to write historical fiction, for which this forum isn't specifically geared. But upon this field of experience I have also come across the problem of there being the "wrong kind of shoes" problem. Namely that a story can be discarded by the readers by the fact that the shoes worn by the character are ten years to early in history.

As such I am thinking of abandoning the ancient Greece angle for historical fiction and go back to fantasy, and write some exotic non-European based fantasy.

One idea for some stories is of course to write stories set in a kind of exotic setting, drawning much inspiration from Tékumel and the Bronze Age world, with a cultural blend between Sea Peoples, Norse and Phoenicians as primary culture in the stories.

I'll have to think about this some more and then decide on how to proceed.

Yora

Maester
Yes please. I am always looking for such books and there's never anywhere near enough of them. Do it, I want to read it.

Gurkhal

Auror
Thanks. I've been thinking more and more that fantasy may be the thing for me so I'll probably go back to my basics. ;)