1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

Wow, that is less than I'd have thought, given that most of his books are big enough to accidentally kill small children with.

2. Velka

Velka Sage

One of the teachers at my school had a baby on Saturday. She emailed me some pictures, so I put them on the projector to share with my class (she's the music teacher, so they all know and love her.)

One of my little ones raises his hand: "When is the baby's birthday?"
    Me: "He was born on Saturday, June 4th."
    One of my other little ones frowns and tilts her head to the side: "But that was when he was born, when is his birthday?"
    I, and most of the rest of the class, just sit in stunned silence for a moment, trying to reconcile her words with reality. I am about to explain, when her eyes suddenly grow wide and she lets out a long "Ohhhhhhhh, your birthday is the same day you are born. I get it now."

This is the same kid who (until recently) identified 22 as twotey-two and (still) insists butterflies go through metaporpoise.

I'm trying my best here people.

kennyc likes this.
  3. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Our calico is a sadistic murderer.

During breakfast this morning, she jumped through the window with a field mouse in her teeth. My husband finds the cats's killing ways to be rather endearing. So he handed her a handful of treats while mousey thrashed around in his final moments of suffering. She'd ripped open his side and well, I nearly lost my appetite.

Husband throws mouse in the bushes and comes back to finish his meal.

Cat goes back outside. She comes in less than 5 mins with another mouse.

NO. The same mouse! She freaking tracked him down and brought him back to the house and he was still alive. So my husband gave her another handful of treats and made sure mousey was put out of his misery. So much for breakfast, eh? Geesh. I don't know why all our cats turn out to be killers who like to bring their victims inside the house. I'm the only person in this house that doesn't find that amusing. Even my son giggles when I ask him to toss them out for me.

No more cats after these ones die. Dogs from now on.

4. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

Doggies kill things too. But their prey is bigger: they pack up and kill moose. Or smaller critters, like rabbits.

5. Chessie

Chessie Guest

That's true, Thinker. Thanks for the reminder. We had a labrador that killed rabbits too. There's this sick feeling that comes along with your beloved pet taking another furry life. -_-

6. La Volpe

La Volpe Sage

Cats were originally kept as 'pets' for their ability to catch and kill mice, so cats were probably bred for this behaviour. I.e. most cats turn into muricidal hunters. And they're predators by nature, so hunting is fun for them.

Don't know why they insist on bringing their victims back into the house though. Probably because they love you and want to share the moment with you.

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

It is 5:35 am and I haven't slept yet. Someone's cellphone keeps going off -- there it goes again -- and I don't know whose it is, so I can't even wake them up to answer it. I dunno how much more I can take of it.

8. CupofJoe

CupofJoe Myth Weaver

My sympathies. I take it that appropriate non-random violence to the 'phone is not an option?

9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

No, they would not appreciate that at all.

10. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Random thought.
    This thread is 3 yrs old(and a month today) now.

11. So, I just had a dream that I was the highest judicial authority in the world born to a witch. The witches in that world were pariahs and witchcraft was outlawed. I came up with a scheme while visiting my mother to get witchcraft legalized but regulated. I really should stop thinking thoughts.

kennyc likes this.
  12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

There's a novel in there somewhere. :D

kennyc and Garren Jacobsen like this.
  13. Put it in the queue.

14. FifthView

FifthView Istar

GRRM in awe recently asked Stephen King how he can write so fast. King's answer: He commits to writing 6 pages every single day.

Legendary Sidekick and kennyc like this.
  15. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

'Nuff said.

16. Incanus

Incanus Auror

Forgot to catch the latest "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" entry which came out yesterday. So I've got that to look forward to when I get home from work. Can't wait. People with this kind of talent should be handed giant sacks full of money and then be left alone and given ample leeway to create.

17. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

The queue is getting full. lol.

Need to stop writing and edit one of them.

kennyc likes this.
  18. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Trying to write a novel with an 8yr old out of school is like trying to eat a warm meal that keeps cooling and cooling.

Holy cow. 5:30am rise time wasn't enough!

19. I'm now dreaming about the stuff I've been studying. Heaven help me even night time brings no solace.

20. Russ

Russ Istar

It is the law. It is beautiful. Just enjoy.

Garren Jacobsen likes this.