• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

[Reading Group] June 2014 Nominations/Voting

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm going to go with:

Snow Crash
Gone Girl
All You Need is Kill

Of the samples I've read so far those just have stood out to me the most.
We already have four votes for Gone Girl, so keep the votes coming as we have an early frontrunner.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Looks like Gone Girl is the likely choice. It has been on my reading list, and I'm looking for something new to start so I'm going to begin reading it. If something else ends up winning, I'll switch over.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Let's give a couple of more days and see if anyone else chimes in. If not, Gone Girl will be our choice.

I have to say, I really got through the sample quickly and I've been thinking about the novel ever since. That's the sign of a damn good book in my opinion. I actually haven't been this interested in a book in quite some time. Maybe I do have fantasy fatigue? :)

It's just kind of weird. As I read parts of Gone Girl and The Name of the Wind at the same time, I kept wanting to go back to read the former. Not that The Name of the Wind is bad, it's just pretty familiar for me (kind of story, genre I read in, etc.)

Ruby

Auror
I haven't participated in the Reading Group before, but I've just started reading Gone Girl, so if that's the choice I'd like to join you for this one!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I got a copy of Gone Girl from Audible since I was going to be doing a ton of driving yesterday. I'm about six hours into the reading, and have to say that it is quite good.