• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Rhune (Book #1 of the First Empire)

For the last two years I've been working on my new series, The First Empire. It started out as a trilogy, then expanded to a quadrology...and now it looks like it will finally wrap up with 5 books. While it's not public yet, it's been picked up by one of the big-five and I hope to make a full announcement soon. There will be a number of contests and giveaways leading up to the publication of the first book, Rhune. If you want to enter for them, here is a link. Here is a bit about the first book:

rhune1.jpg

WHAT DOES IT MEAN IF THE GODS CAN BE KILLED?​
In the land of the Rhune, trees can tell the future; raow can’t sleep before adding more human bones to their bed; crimbals steal children through secret doors in the forest, and the gods are beyond reproach. But Raithe does the unthinkable when his father is slain…he fights back. From this act of aggression rises the legend of the God Killer, the seeds of rebellion, and the question of whether the Fhrey are gods after all.

Before the Dark Ages, there was the age of Myth and Legend. Before kings and castles, there were mystics and heroes. Before Riyria, mankind lived in the shadow of the Fhrey, but that is about to change. Discover a new world by Michael J. Sullivan, the best-selling author of The Riyria Revelations and The Riyria Chronicles.

The First Empire is a standalone series, and all five books were written before the first one was published. While set in the same world as the Riyria books, it takes place thousands of years in the past. As such, no prior knowledge is required to enjoy the book to its fullest. For those who have read Riyria, you’ll discover certain details about Elan’s past weren't entirely accurate–the difference between myth and reality. Now you can learn the true story of how Novron/Nyphron saved mankind from extinction and founded the First Empire alongside Persephone, the love of his life.

Books in the First Empire include: Rhune, Dherg, Rhist, Phyre, and Fhrey.

Last edited by a moderator: