• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Roundtable Podcast, Episode 2

Telcontar

Staff
Hey all,

Following Benjamin's lead, I'll give everyone the notice that I am the 'newbie writer' on this week's episode of The Roundtable, hosted by Dreamhand.

I pitch one of my sci-fi ideas to a veteran (though highly atypical) sci-fi writer, Nathan Lowell. Nathan is an all around stellar guy, as well.

Here's the episode

For anyone interested, I'll also be doing a blog post on the aftermath of the episode, what I learned, what I took from it, how it helped, etc etc. I found the process very interesting and I have no doubt it will prove valuable. You should all sign up to be a guest writer now!

That was great Telcontar. And keep up the great work Dreamhand I'm really enjoying these.

Telcontar, put up the link once you make that blog post please.

Edit: The blog link is in your sig. Totally knew that.

myrddin173

Maester
Another great episode. While I don't usually read sci-fi, I would definitely give that story a read. It does however, remind me of an episode of Enterprise which I will find a link to when I can. Another thing what if the dead race was us?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I don't think you need to worry about not having humans, Telcontar. I think you'll be fine if you can make your main character likeable before the conflict takes hold.

Telcontar

Staff
I don't think you need to worry about not having humans, Telcontar. I think you'll be fine if you can make your main character likeable before the conflict takes hold.

I very much agree, and wasn't too concerned with, erm, their concerns. I feel that we were tripping up on the literal concept of 'alien,' whereas I was using it in a far more casual (sloppy) way. I'll address that in this blog post, whenever I finish it. Should be sometime tonight.

Myr: I thought of using humans as you suggest. It's still a possibility.

Telcontar

Staff
The blog is posted. I ramble a bit but I think I got out the bulk of what I wanted to say about the experience. I highly recommend pitching in for the Roundtable!

Dreamhand

Troubadour
You guys, rock... thanks for tuning in and for the support! Both Ben and Tel's episodes were not only huge fun but great learning experiences for us (about writing AND podcasting).

I'm totally swinging by Tel's blog next. Also, reading "Three Fingers of Death"... enjoying it immensely.

Last edited: