• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Saying hello from Southern California

Hey all,

I'm a burgeoning fantasy writer and have completed my first novel, THE SOUL SMITH. It's the first in the series of a planned octalogy called 'The Blacksmiths'. After querying agents about it, I'm stuck waiting on a decision from a literary agent right now. In addition, I've written a short story entitled The Ravenous Flock, set in the same world as my novel and I have recently submitted it to Myths Inscribed ezine for consideration. (Wish me luck!) Lastly, I've begun planning and writing book two of my series: THE CHROMIUM SMITH.

I have a website that will give you more detail into my world, plus a blog where I give tips about writing and my experience with the publishing industry. I'd like to invite you all to check it out when you have the chance!

ADRIAN V. DIGLIO | Author of THE SOUL SMITH

Thank you,

-Adrian V. Diglio

Xaysai

Inkling
Adrian,

I just checked out your blog.

First, congratulations on working to get published!

Next, I read your sample and I loved the concept of the character being pieced together.

Then I checked out some of your blogs and found that the writing in your blog is much more free of word clutter than the writing in your sample. Is this an element of style in your book?

Just to be clear, this isn't meant as any type of disrespect. I only ask because the technical styles seem very different.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

Thank you for checking out my site and for reading my Prologue! I'm glad you liked it. =)

To answer your question, I would have to say that comparing the writing styles of my blog to my novel is like comparing apples and oranges. I would most definitely say that I have a particular style that I reserve for my novel, however, I think the differences could also be attributed to the nature of each. A novel is creative writing, while my blog is just a dry article. I try to "show" the reader the scene in my novel, while I "tell" the reader my advice in my blog.

I can also probably blame the difference on my haste when writing a blog. I don't have much time for it, (I average about 4 posts a month) so whenever I have a topic, I try to just get straight to the point. =)

-Adrian