• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Saying Hello

WritingChimera

Greetings and bienvenue, everyone. My name is Scott, a lover of reading and an aspiring author. I've loved the fantasy genre since I was a wee kid, ever since I first picked up C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia. However it wasn't until very recently that I started reading arguably the greatest cornerstone of English fantasy, The Lord of the Rings. I'm not a big fan of dark works, which is--among other reasons--why I won't read the A Song of Ice and Fire series. While high fantasy is my favorite type, I don't mind other fantasy types either.

I'm currently in the middle of worldbuilding and such for a high fantasy duology, including things such as some basic language elements (due to plot necessity) and some more obscure and useless stuff such as continental plates.

I'm looking forward to my time here on this forum and getting to grow further as a writer.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think ASOFAI is a must read because it does such a masterful job of capturing all the types of details many authors wish they could grab. It was just educational to me.

LOTR was a hard read comparatively.

Welcome to the site, Scott.

Pegzy

Scribe
New myself and learning the ropes. Nice helpful people here.
Loved the first two Narnia books, not the rest though. Still return to Lord of the Rings sometime.